If I boot up my computer, half way it stops asking me to choose for drive C
windows XP Pro or D windows XP Home.

Originally on D I had windows XP home, later I bought XP Pro and formatted D
and installed XP Pro on drive C. However even after formatting D for the
second time there seems to be a file named "gdiplus.dll" that reapeared and I
am not sure if I should delete that file or not and if I do does it help to
have the Windows startup go smoothly all the way without stopping for the
option for C or D before continuing the start up ?

If I try to format D again I receive a message that D is working and should
not be formatted at this time because errors may occur. I have no idea what
is working there.

Thanks for any advise.
jochanangold

start->run->msconfig will let you read the boot.ini but you cant edit
it from there.

Instead, right click on the My Computer icon, click on properties,
click the advanced tab at the top, click the settings button in the
start up and recovery box, then click on the editbutton near the top.
This will let you edit the boot.ini file directly. Make a backup of it
first though!

Take a look at your BOOT.INI file. It probably has both C and D in there.
Create a restore point, then edit boot.ini to delete one of them if this is
the case.

jochanangold" <jochanangold@gotyou.com> wrote in message
If I boot up my computer, half way it stops asking me to choose for drive C
windows XP Pro or D windows XP Home.

Originally on D I had windows XP home, later I bought XP Pro and formatted D
and installed XP Pro on drive C. However even after formatting D for the
second time there seems to be a file named "gdiplus.dll" that reapeared and
am not sure if I should delete that file or not and if I do does it help to
have the Windows startup go smoothly all the way without stopping for the
option for C or D before continuing the start up ?

If I try to format D again I receive a message that D is working and should
not be formatted at this time because errors may occur. I have no idea what
is working there.

Thanks for any advise.
jochanangold

Sorry Raoul, but could you advise how to open BOOT.INI I looked through
"search" but only received BOOT.INI.BACKUP and that would not open because
windows responds it has to know who created this file.

Thanks
--
jochanangold

"Raoul" wrote:

> Take a look at your BOOT.INI file. It probably has both C and D in there.
> Create a restore point, then edit boot.ini to delete one of them if this is
> the case.
>
> jochanangold" <jochanangold@gotyou.com> wrote in message
> If I boot up my computer, half way it stops asking me to choose for drive C
> windows XP Pro or D windows XP Home.
>
> Originally on D I had windows XP home, later I bought XP Pro and formatted D
> and installed XP Pro on drive C. However even after formatting D for the
> second time there seems to be a file named "gdiplus.dll" that reapeared and
> am not sure if I should delete that file or not and if I do does it help to
> have the Windows startup go smoothly all the way without stopping for the
> option for C or D before continuing the start up ?
>
> If I try to format D again I receive a message that D is working and should
> not be formatted at this time because errors may occur. I have no idea what
> is working there.
>
> Thanks for any advise.
> jochanangold

Start | Run and type in msconfig