Maxtor Hard Drive Problem

I have a hardrive( Maxtor 6Y200P0) wich have got corrupted and bad
segments.(this seme to be a common problem with Maxtor drives)

Im almmost sure this drive have psychical damaged clusters,
cause i have tested alot & alots of tools that should fix this has
failing in repairing this damaged clusters and segments

this includes Maxtor official PoweMax v 1.21, wich fails to complete
the surface test.

i have got an Error Diagnostic Code=de676679

a code with a 8 numeral should indicate that a Maxtor Drive drive is
broken,and is in need of replacement. thats all i know

where should i send this code for a real analyz?, cant find anything on

Maxtor Website,

Another question, there is allso an option to do a Low ore High

level formatation of the drive. I have heard that this could fix
corrupted

segments,

If so,this must only be possible on logical damaged hardrives, not
psycial

damaged drives right? i have waiting with reformatation

cause im unsure what type damage the drive have, and this is my last

alternative to do.? should i do a low/high level formatation anyway?

Any advice is highly appritiated

--
Kloppstock

"Kloppstock" <Kloppstock.1t5dpp@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> I have a hardrive( Maxtor 6Y200P0) wich have got corrupted and bad
> segments.(this seme to be a common problem with Maxtor drives)
>
> Im almmost sure this drive have psychical damaged clusters,
> cause i have tested alot & alots of tools that should fix this has
> failing in repairing this damaged clusters and segments
>
> this includes Maxtor official PoweMax v 1.21, wich fails to complete
> the surface test.
>
> i have got an Error Diagnostic Code=de676679
>
> a code with a 8 numeral should indicate that a Maxtor Drive drive is
> broken,and is in need of replacement. thats all i know
>
> where should i send this code for a real analyz?, cant find anything on
>

> Maxtor Website,
>
> Another question, there is allso an option to do a Low ore High
>
> level formatation of the drive. I have heard that this could fix
> corrupted
>
> segments,
>
> If so,this must only be possible on logical damaged hardrives, not
> psycial
>
> damaged drives right? i have waiting with reformatation
>
> cause im unsure what type damage the drive have, and this is my last
>
> alternative to do.? should i do a low/high level formatation anyway?
>
> Any advice is highly appritiated

www.maxtor.com click on warranty service on the left. You will have to fill
out a form then they will email you with an rma # and instructions.

Kerry