Blue scrren of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

gypsy081379

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
I keep getting the BSOD, upon start up every now and then. Lately I havent been, after I did a disk clean up and scanned alot of my files etc. I am not exactly too computer savvy, but I know my basics. Is there anything I can do, that I am missing and should I be worried? I have only had this gateway computer since November of 2011. I only use it for basc web searchin,etc, nothin too hih tech. I dont understand. I have plenty of space, I have Norton 360, which all my scans are fine,etc.Please help.Thanks,.Dawn

Solution
Well a copy of the crash dump file wood be helpful. Otherwise I'm going to tell you to get malware bytes and other programs. Anti virus programs can be dumb. It might detect this virus and miss 12 others while a second aniti virus program can scan and find 9 of the 12 that the first scan missed and find the virus the first found.. It might be time for a reformat as well. Would help clean the registry..

As the other person said. Take a can of air or air compressor and dust it out. Check for hardware errors

open the case and blow any dust out. check that the ram sticks are seated and all the fans work. make a hirem boot cd..boot from it and run memtest to see if any of the pc ram went bad.there also a anti virus scan on the cd.

Well a copy of the crash dump file wood be helpful. Otherwise I'm going to tell you to get malware bytes and other programs. Anti virus programs can be dumb. It might detect this virus and miss 12 others while a second aniti virus program can scan and find 9 of the 12 that the first scan missed and find the virus the first found.. It might be time for a reformat as well. Would help clean the registry..

As the other person said. Take a can of air or air compressor and dust it out. Check for hardware errors

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.