Spyware troubles

Hello. Can anyone advise me on two questions? I have novice computer skills.
One, how can I remove Ibis toolbar, and next; in order to install MS beta
spyware removal I must install activex control. Is this wise to install?
Thanks for your help.
--
Barb
5 answers Last reply

    In news:C54555F4-9D2A-4893-B05B-50EE3E9D1BC1@microsoft.com,
    Barb <barb@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > Hello. Can anyone advise me on two questions? I have novice computer
    > skills. One, how can I remove Ibis toolbar, and next; in order to
    > install MS beta spyware removal I must install activex control. Is
    > this wise to install? Thanks for your help.

    The program should help clear it up. Yes it's fine to install the ActiveX
    control but it's good that you asked. The Genuine Advantage is also now
    needed for the updates site as well.

    Malware Cleaning :
    http://kgiii.info/windows/all/general/malwarefix.html

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes

    Yes it is wise to install it. Download, install, update and run all of the
    following.

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

    Spybot search and destroy
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

    a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group so that I
    can analyze it.

    HijackThis

    "Barb" <barb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello. Can anyone advise me on two questions? I have novice computer
    > skills.
    > One, how can I remove Ibis toolbar, and next; in order to install MS beta
    > spyware removal I must install activex control. Is this wise to install?
    > Thanks for your help.
    > --
    > Barb

    You may find some of the links on this page to be useful:

    http://www.broomeman.com/spyware/

    Donny Broome
    donny AT broomeman DOT com
    Kill Spyware! Visit:
    http://www.broomeman.com/spyware/

    "Barb" <barb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello. Can anyone advise me on two questions? I have novice computer
    > skills.
    > One, how can I remove Ibis toolbar, and next; in order to install MS beta
    > spyware removal I must install activex control. Is this wise to install?
    > Thanks for your help.
    > --
    > Barb

    Barb

    "Galen" wrote:

    > In news:C54555F4-9D2A-4893-B05B-50EE3E9D1BC1@microsoft.com,
    > Barb <barb@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > > Hello. Can anyone advise me on two questions? I have novice computer
    > > skills. One, how can I remove Ibis toolbar, and next; in order to
    > > install MS beta spyware removal I must install activex control. Is
    > > this wise to install? Thanks for your help.
    >
    > The program should help clear it up. Yes it's fine to install the ActiveX
    > control but it's good that you asked. The Genuine Advantage is also now
    > needed for the updates site as well.
    >
    > Malware Cleaning :
    > http://kgiii.info/windows/all/general/malwarefix.html
    >
    > Galen
    > --
    >
    > "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
    > without them."
    >
    > Sherlock Holmes

    If you want to be a computer expert,use Security Expert to be a
    computer security expert.And you will find virus,worm and spyware is
    very easy to kill.
    Go to http://securityexpert.cnns.net to konw more.

Support Microsoft Spyware Windows XP