Status
Not open for further replies.

SHORYUKEN

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
1. What is your budget? $0-1100 Canadian.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 17.3"

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1920x1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? I need a portable one, yes, but not a desktop replacement.

5. How much battery life do you need? 6+ hours.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? High - Ultra for the latest titles ( Dead Space 3, Devil May Cry, Far Cry 3, Assassins Creed, etc. ). I could also work with medium, but that is out of desperation.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Photo, video and school work.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 750 GB HDD - 1 TB or 64 GB - 128 GB SSD

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Doesn't matter, but this is the site I saw a rather nice notebook on: http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=371&item_id=050944

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? A couple of years ( 4-5 )

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD I guess.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. MSI because I have multiple products from them and I enjoy their products and a brand that I don't like is Apple because they are overpriced in my opinion.

13. What country do you live in? Canada.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I have had my eyes on an MSI Notebook for a good amount of time now, and I need to know if it's the right buy.

rattman169

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
sorry, not gonna happen with that laptop, far cry 3 is a gpu hog, even with new patch, most triple crossfire and SLI machine have issues with that game, you will most likely play that on low graphics, all newer games may rum on medium, but not high or ultra, battery may last 3.5 - 4 hours with standard browsing, start watching videos or playing games on battery and you will be lucky if it last 2 hours, a really good gaming laptop will cost you in excess of $1800 canadian, this is what I went with = http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=category_browse&selected_cat=special&mid=NP9370 but prepare to spend a butt load of cash, btw go with larger sata over ssd if you are doing video editing and are playing numerous games, won't have enough room with that small drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.