Geforce3: ELSA or Hercules?

G

i currently thinking of upgrading my graphics-board since i'm no longer satisfied by my geforce2 mx (creative). what i have in mind is a geforce3, either from elsa or from hercules. if you don't bear in mind that the hercules has a dvi-connector, which one should i choose? is there a performance difference between these two cards (also if you run nvideas reference drivers)? or is there an even better geforce3 card from a different manufacturer that is sold in the same price-league?

G

I'd say ELSA is abit faster but has worse (a bit) graphics and hercules would show you better image but be a bit slower. With a very fast card like GF3 I'd go for hercules.
I don't know anything about prices. BUT if you want to have a very good picture with a VERY GOOD and VERY O'CLOCKABLE performance then I would go for Gainward's CardExpert GeForce3, Gainward makes best GeForce cards all the time, it is also cheaper.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
I just got an elsa gladiac920, and I am completely satisfied, with the elsa you get a full version of giants(which isnt anything special) but I was doubly surprised to find a full paid version of 3dmark 2001 PRO on the extras cd, which is like a 30 dollar value,(also saved me the 40 meg dl). And my card is stable at 230/535 without any special cooling, I am happy with it totally.

I paid 369 and got shipping for free, so it was a good deal.

~Matisaro~
"Friends don't let friends buy Pentiums"
~Tbird1.3@1.55~

FatBurger

Illustrious
A friend of mine just got the Asus GeForce 3 Deluxe for $379 with free shipping. It's the best GF3 around.

------------------------------
My Athlon can beat your Ferrari off the line.

G

I have a CardExpert geforce 3 and have no problems whatsoever. would buy from them again price was right on the money and the overclocking features are great./

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
I also bought the Asus v8200 and it is amazing...maybe it's just the Geforce3 in general but I'm in love. The Asus has the best heat sinks of all Geforce3 cards and they custom designed their card instead of just following the template...If that makes adifference or not I don't know. Maybe they found a way to improve it????
Eric

FatBurger

Illustrious
I doubt it's hugely different, but it's mostly the stuff that comes with it, and the speed that makes it the best.

------------------------------
My Athlon can beat your Ferrari off the line.