HELP!! Gefoce 2 MX not working with WinDVD

G

I just purchased an Abit Siluro GF2 MX 32 Meg yesterday. I put it into my system (Asus A7V With T-Bird 1000). The card replaced my old Viper V770 TNT2 card. I find that the card will do everything fine except for one thing. When I try to run WinDVD it will play the first few seconds of the movie and then the computer will freeze up. If anyone knows how to fix this problem or has heard of this happening please reply to my post because I am going to have to return the card if I can't get my dvd drive to work.

Also, I have tried running PowerDVD to see if it was a problem with WinDVD. PowerDVD does the same thing.

Killerkris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Have you fully uninstalled the Viper Card? try restarting in safe mode and then removing any other display adapters on your system. Also reinstalling winDVD may help you asit could just not be recognising your new software
Hope this helps
Killerkris

A Life, where can i download one of those from?

G

I completely reinstalled windows 98 and WinDVD so that can not be the problem. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I was wondering if there is a bios setting that I maybe have wrong or something.

Palpatine

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
Disable the DMA from your DVD. I had lock-ups with DMA and all DVD software players. Some problem with via chipsets.

Palpatine

G

I turned DMA off on my drive and it still does not work.