obelis

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012
My system
Core i7 1366 running at 3.6 GHZ
18 GB of RAM at 1333 MHZ
Two Radeon HD 6850 Crossfire
PSU OCZ 850

I deiced to test out windows 8 installed on a ocz agility 2 SSD only thing i have installed is firefox, steam and patched all windows update with latest ati beta drives 12.8.

When I launch a game in steam it plays fines no issues, when I try and Stream (hulu, netfilx, amazon) or watch a movies from one of myHDD the movie just struggle, slow choppy (sound is fine) my game is still running fine. I have searched for ati and windows 8 issues but not finding anything that sounds like this.. In windows 7 I could do the same thing with no issues. Any ides, hints links?

Thanks for you time

Latest ATI Beta drivers? You're using beta drivers and are wondering why you're having issues? Look for a newer release, or if available, revert to an earlier driver release.

I wouldn't bet money on the SSD being the issue. If the sound is working ok, the drive should be fine. You could try looking for firmware updates to the SSD if you really want though. It couldn't hurt.

obelis

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012
I understand that beta can mean buggy

I am just trying to see if other having like issues, I am general late to the party and when I have a issues a simple Google search can point to a answer nto so in this case.

I updated Java, installed K-lite codex, vlc, quicktime and chrome no change..
My SSD is on latest firmware and has installed the latest chipset. no change.

I should stress the system runs fine if I am doing one or the other . no crashing, no bsod, no excuse use of memory or cpu stress.

Just video is choppy when playing skyrim on one screen and trying to watch video on a different screen. I have yet to install a different game but will check.

Thanks for the advise so far

BUZ

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
Same here win7 was fine but 8 has issues I checked the FPS on the video and its 29, when i play a game on my other monitor the video playback is choppy MKV AVI MP4 whatever, but the frames are still at 29, it happens with all my games. When you change to windowed mode the playback is fine but as soon as you go full screen its like the refresh rate on the second monitor changes because the FPS stay the same but its heaps laggy.

SPECS:
CPU i7 920 @ 4.00Ghz
12GB G-Skill trident @ 1999Mhz 9-9-9-24-2T
MB: Evga X58 Classified
GPU: 3x GTX 680
HDD: Corsair Force Series GT 480GB & 7 2TB Wester Digital HDD's
SND: Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series

Win7 is all good but Win8 Stutters hard.

AND I DONT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS PLAYING GAMES its just video Movie playback while playing games.