Wipe and reload

Please direct me to an FAQ for wiping and reloading Windows XP. I want to
re-partition and reformat the hard drive.

THX,
--costarec

Throw the cd in the cup holder, run setup, and select 'new installation' from the drop box.
or
If the system won't start:

Clean install (format disk) Boot to the XP setup CD,press 'R" for the repair prompt, and run the command DISKPART to remove the
existing partition, and then boot to CD, and run Setup.
--
Mark L. Ferguson
"chuck costarella" <chuckcostarella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please direct me to an FAQ for wiping and reloading Windows XP. I want to
> re-partition and reformat the hard drive.
>
> THX,
> --costarec

Google is your friend. search on your question topic >>wiping and reloading
Windows XP<< and several good leads to info show up on the very first page.
This one looks really comprehensive:

http://www.g4tv.com/techtvvault/features/33799/How_to_Clean_Install_Windows_XP_pg2.html

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Education's purpose is to replace an empty

"chuck costarella" <chuckcostarella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:BC5DF4B7-652F-4E8F-A72E-BC3B09B4CFB7@microsoft.com...
Please direct me to an FAQ for wiping and reloading Windows XP. I want to
re-partition and reformat the hard drive.

THX,
--costarec

I've had this same problem, however, when I try to repair from the command
prompt using the diskpart command I'm unable to delete the current partition
because set up files are on this partition

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Throw the cd in the cup holder, run setup, and select 'new installation' from the drop box.
> or
> If the system won't start:
>
> Clean install (format disk) Boot to the XP setup CD,press 'R" for the repair prompt, and run the command DISKPART to remove the
> existing partition, and then boot to CD, and run Setup.
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "chuck costarella" <chuckcostarella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Please direct me to an FAQ for wiping and reloading Windows XP. I want to
> > re-partition and reformat the hard drive.
> >
> > THX,
> > --costarec

format_90

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
Google is his friend, but appareltly you are not, you snide a-hole. Just answer the question without the attitude. F-n Jerk.