Distinguished
Jun 29, 2001
Specs:
Generic 440BX Motherboard
P3 500
Nvidia Geforce2 MX 400 - Latest nvidia drivers
256 PC100
Windows2000 Professional - Up to date

I used to have a TNT2 Ultra and the custom color settings showed up in the Nvidia control panel. I recently got a Geforce2 MX 400 from Jaton, and now I can't adjust the color for the desktop or applications anymore.

Also, with the TNT2, the custom color settings wouldn't work in games or other full screen applications. If i went to start up Quake3 for example, the colors would revert to the normal state, but the game is so dark that i need to increase the brightness

I also use Windows98, and both the TNT2 and MX400 work fine. But a friend of mine has an old RivaTNT, and the custom color settings work for everything in Windows2000 on her computer. What could be the problem?

G

Did you just update the drivers or did you unintall them first?

sninja387

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2001
I uninstalled the nVidia drivers with the TNT2 still in. I restarted the system. Then shut down, took out the TNT2 put in the MX, booted up. Then reinstalled the drivers when windows2000 started. Had the problem with all versions of the drivers.

For Win98, I just started up and reinstalled the drivers. Had no problems so far.