dvd drive help?

When i first got my computer my dvd drive was fine and i could play the sims
2 dvd edtion then i tried to watch a dvd on it and it stopped working anyone
have any suggestions?

Do you have Dvd Player software Installed? Such as PowerDvd or WinDvd?
"ineedhelp" <ineedhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When i first got my computer my dvd drive was fine and i could play the
> sims
> 2 dvd edtion then i tried to watch a dvd on it and it stopped working
> anyone
> have any suggestions?

I don't know my sister made this computer from scratch!All i want to do is
play the sims 2 again but my dvd drive doesn't let me!

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Do you have Dvd Player software Installed? Such as PowerDvd or WinDvd?
> "ineedhelp" <ineedhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When i first got my computer my dvd drive was fine and i could play the
> > sims
> > 2 dvd edtion then i tried to watch a dvd on it and it stopped working
> > anyone
> > have any suggestions?

Try rt clicking on MyComputer>select Properties>Hardware>Device
Manager>Dvd/Cdrom Drives>click on + sign and
rt click on your Dvd Drive. Select Uninstall. Ok. Then restart and let
WinXP reinstall the drive.