Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Bet ya can't own just one....

Last response: in Deals
Share
July 27, 2005 5:45:24 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

We've seen lots of threads, but I'm curious how many
folks here have just *one* pinball machine. I know LOTS of
collectors, and not one of them owns only a single pin.

Steve

More about : bet

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 5:45:25 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Well, I bought a DK cabarett just one but now I have 12. all in me garage
and all working fine.
"Steve" <zarco@sonic.net> wrote in message
news:UGBFe.5734$p%3.31538@typhoon.sonic.net...
> We've seen lots of threads, but I'm curious how many
> folks here have just *one* pinball machine. I know LOTS of
> collectors, and not one of them owns only a single pin.
>
> Steve
>
>
>
July 27, 2005 5:46:45 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Damn....wrong group. OK, same question for VIDS.


Steve <zarco@sonic.net> wrote in message
news:UGBFe.5734$p%3.31538@typhoon.sonic.net...
> We've seen lots of threads, but I'm curious how many
> folks here have just *one* pinball machine. I know LOTS of
> collectors, and not one of them owns only a single pin.
>
> Steve
>
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 6:19:45 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

lol...

I have 15 (or there abouts) cab's set up in the basement... about another
1/2 dozen or so split between my garage and my parents...

"Steve" <zarco@sonic.net> wrote in message
news:9IBFe.5735$p%3.31645@typhoon.sonic.net...
> Damn....wrong group. OK, same question for VIDS.
>
>
> Steve <zarco@sonic.net> wrote in message
> news:UGBFe.5734$p%3.31538@typhoon.sonic.net...
>> We've seen lots of threads, but I'm curious how many
>> folks here have just *one* pinball machine. I know LOTS of
>> collectors, and not one of them owns only a single pin.
>>
>> Steve
>>
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 6:30:59 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

OK, two rooms in the house are full and my two and a half car garage is
full, as in you can hardly get to the back without climbing over a game. I
never count, but it must be around 40 or so games altogether.

Mark Hooks


"Steve" <zarco@sonic.net> wrote in message
news:UGBFe.5734$p%3.31538@typhoon.sonic.net...
> We've seen lots of threads, but I'm curious how many
> folks here have just *one* pinball machine. I know LOTS of
> collectors, and not one of them owns only a single pin.
>
> Steve
>
>
>
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 7:39:15 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Now you do Steve, that would be me.

I have a 1973 Bally Amigo EM pinball.

I only wanted one pinball game, and i'm very happy with this one.
It's in decent shape too, and the backglass is in almost NOS
condition, and it's a 4 player machine too.

I've got about 15 videos, and had planned on only a single pinball,
which I planned on being of this vintage. Bells, the sound of
electricity when you press the flippers, etc.

I have a friend in the area that is one of the best pinball repair
people in the country, so if I wanted to expand the collection that
certainly helps. I've come to appreciate pinball more in the past 6
or 7 years.

Growing up I liked the EM pinball games, but once they switched to
digital I didn't like them as much. It seemed like they were trying
to become too much like video games, and I didn't care for that.
Besides, I was really into video games and pinball seemed to pale in
comparison from my eyes. But there were exceptions like Gorgar,
Bonzai Run, and more recently, Medevil Madness.

I ended up getting this game at a bargain off eBay, and only 15 miles
away. Way under my planned pinball budget, and it was working in
about an hour after it was picked up.

I have access to lots of great pinball games, but I can't say the same
for video, which is why I have a gameroom. It's roughly a 100 miles
or more to play a game of Tempest, Asteroid Deluxe, etc. So I had to
have games like that.

I'm also after a "single" EM riffle game. There's only so much room
in the home arcade, but thankfully plenty of storage.

Nate

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 01:45:24 GMT, "Steve" <zarco@sonic.net> wrote:

>We've seen lots of threads, but I'm curious how many
>folks here have just *one* pinball machine. I know LOTS of
>collectors, and not one of them owns only a single pin.
>
> Steve
>
>
>
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 7:39:16 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

i went crazy on the vids (90 or so) during the past five years and have
had a handful of pinballs come through my possesion.
my keeper pin is a mr and mrs pac. i know its not the best pin out
there. i love the pac series and figured this one would fit right in.

im glad this thread came up as i bought two pins from my dad this past
year.
im thinking of keeping one and trading off the other.
the two pins are high speed and bally nitro ground shaker.
if anyone has a near mint pac land or pong to trade drop me a line. i
would consider other rare/unique/mint games as well.

im in texas near austin/houston/ and san antonio.

ronald
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 11:27:12 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Currently 6 videos (with 3-4 more pending some time next week).

FYI Steve, I only have one pin - a Firepower (w/speech module).

BUT . . . as soon as I get done with the Firepower restoration I'm sure
I'll get another pin. Hell, if I ran into something I wanted and the
price was right I'd probably get another pin right now.

Big Al
Bradenton, FL
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 4:05:40 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Make that 2 people...

I have a very nice Gottlieb Palace Guard pinball, and 9 vids, 7 working.
I don't have the room for the pins...come to think of it, I don't have
room for the vids either, but what the hell... ;-)

Nate Goulet wrote:
> Now you do Steve, that would be me.
>
> I have a 1973 Bally Amigo EM pinball.
>
> I only wanted one pinball game, and i'm very happy with this one.
> It's in decent shape too, and the backglass is in almost NOS
> condition, and it's a 4 player machine too.
>
> I've got about 15 videos, and had planned on only a single pinball,
> which I planned on being of this vintage. Bells, the sound of
> electricity when you press the flippers, etc.
>
> I have a friend in the area that is one of the best pinball repair
> people in the country, so if I wanted to expand the collection that
> certainly helps. I've come to appreciate pinball more in the past 6
> or 7 years.
>
> Growing up I liked the EM pinball games, but once they switched to
> digital I didn't like them as much. It seemed like they were trying
> to become too much like video games, and I didn't care for that.
> Besides, I was really into video games and pinball seemed to pale in
> comparison from my eyes. But there were exceptions like Gorgar,
> Bonzai Run, and more recently, Medevil Madness.
>
> I ended up getting this game at a bargain off eBay, and only 15 miles
> away. Way under my planned pinball budget, and it was working in
> about an hour after it was picked up.
>
> I have access to lots of great pinball games, but I can't say the same
> for video, which is why I have a gameroom. It's roughly a 100 miles
> or more to play a game of Tempest, Asteroid Deluxe, etc. So I had to
> have games like that.
>
> I'm also after a "single" EM riffle game. There's only so much room
> in the home arcade, but thankfully plenty of storage.
>
> Nate
>
> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 01:45:24 GMT, "Steve" <zarco@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>
>>We've seen lots of threads, but I'm curious how many
>>folks here have just *one* pinball machine. I know LOTS of
>>collectors, and not one of them owns only a single pin.
>>
>> Steve
>>
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 4:28:17 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I've just got one arcade cab...MAME...don't really need another one
when you can play 5k games on it. Still, I'm thinking about building a
dedicated Stepmania cab and maybe a MAME cocktail. A MAME racing
cockpit would be cool too.

As for non-MAME cabs, I guess I wouldn't mind having some newer
shooting games that won't be MAMED anytime soon.
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 4:48:12 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I too have only one pin and many video games. My pin is a
1978 Bally Lost World.

- Mike -
July 27, 2005 5:25:44 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I also have 1 pin, a DE Tommy, as well as 6 vids. I'm looking to add a
few more of each, but that should do it for me. Enough of my favorites
to fill out a game room (note to self: need a larger house / gameroom),
but I'd like to get my car back into the garage on a regular basis.
Seems the pin get's more play than the vids.
Jerry
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 6:19:47 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I couldn't stop. I have 8 pins (No Good Gofers, Demolition Man,
Shadow, Party Zone, Big Hurt, Ice Fever, Secret Service, and Big
Flipper (EM)) as well as about 35 videos. Wife is pissed when I took
over her side of the garage as well for some project games I am working
on this summer.

Mike Fox
Algonquin, IL
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 7:50:54 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I have 1 pin and 200+ videos

"Steve" <zarco@sonic.net> wrote in message
news:UGBFe.5734$p%3.31538@typhoon.sonic.net...
> We've seen lots of threads, but I'm curious how many
> folks here have just *one* pinball machine. I know LOTS of
> collectors, and not one of them owns only a single pin.
>
> Steve
>
>
>
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 7:50:55 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I have only 1 pin. I would love to have a couple more, but no room or $$$
for it. For the price of one decent pin I can get 3 or 4 decent vids. I
have 1 pin and 29 vids.

Adam
adam_AT_msn_DOT_com

"Chuk" <chuk@ourcade.com> wrote in message
news:1122493858.22842a37cc66004d31357cb1126acd86@teranews...
>I have 1 pin and 200+ videos
>
> "Steve" <zarco@sonic.net> wrote in message
> news:UGBFe.5734$p%3.31538@typhoon.sonic.net...
>> We've seen lots of threads, but I'm curious how many
>> folks here have just *one* pinball machine. I know LOTS of
>> collectors, and not one of them owns only a single pin.
>>
>> Steve
>>
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 10:06:06 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Only 1 pin here; Aladdin's Castle, 1975 EM, works great.

Lots and lots of vids, most don't work, but about 70 just the same.

-Tim
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 11:28:21 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Hi,

I currently have 22 vids and 7 pinballs. Love them both!

Ben
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 12:53:43 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I forgot to mention that I have a custom made control panel with
pinball flippers on the side. Pull the right joystick down and let go
to shoot the ball.

I have a cabinet this will eventually be installed on, and with play
Microsoft Pinball Arcade as well as other pinball games on the
computer.

Checkout Microsoft Pinball Arcade, it's pretty realistic. Features
clones of several classic pinball games from Gotleib. One from each
decade. I wish they'd come out with a sequel, or a similar idea for
EM riffle games.

Speaking of gun games Rictor, check out the Act Labs PC gun. I have
one and i'm planning on using it with this same cabinet. I have Mad
Dog Macree, etc.

On 27 Jul 2005 12:28:17 -0700, "Rictor" <rictor99@gmail.com> wrote:

>I've just got one arcade cab...MAME...don't really need another one
>when you can play 5k games on it. Still, I'm thinking about building a
>dedicated Stepmania cab and maybe a MAME cocktail. A MAME racing
>cockpit would be cool too.
>
>As for non-MAME cabs, I guess I wouldn't mind having some newer
>shooting games that won't be MAMED anytime soon.
>
July 28, 2005 5:26:37 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Everyone needs a MAME vid! My collection of vids is mostly
Atari vector vids, but I soon realized I wouldn't be able to
get them all (ie-Quantum). Also fell in love with Q*Berts Cubes,
another hard to find vid. MAME solved the problem nicely!
The only vid I've bought since building my MAME vid has
been a Star Wars.

Rictor <rictor99@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1122492497.222394.51850@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> I've just got one arcade cab...MAME...don't really need another one
> when you can play 5k games on it. Still, I'm thinking about building a
> dedicated Stepmania cab and maybe a MAME cocktail. A MAME racing
> cockpit would be cool too.
>
> As for non-MAME cabs, I guess I wouldn't mind having some newer
> shooting games that won't be MAMED anytime soon.
>
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 2:07:24 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I have two Act Labs USB TV Light guns. One works fine...two works but
the calibration is off more than when you just use one. I just picked
up the wireless X-Box/PS2 gun from erealgames.com. They are supposedly
releaseing a PC gun soon for MAME so I hope it works better than the
Act Labs guns.

http://www.gameroomblog.com
http://www.pinballblog.com
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 2:04:36 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

> know LOTS of collectors, and not one of them owns
>only a single pin

A guy can't be a collector with just one. That is just and OWNER....

I had 1 pinball for about 6 months. now I have 20.
I had 1 vid for about 6 months, but now I have 5

The vids are there taking up space for the the one pinball I want that
is still out of my price range.

Kirb
!