reinstalling uninstalled program

i had problems with one of the media players that my computer came installed
with so i uninstalled it. turns out that the program contained my computer's
dvd decoder. when i search my computer, the only file i find pertaining to
the program is a ".pf" (or prefetch file). how can i open that? or is there
any other way to reinstall the program?
1 answer Last reply
More about reinstalling uninstalled program

    Which Media Player did you uninstall?
    "svm" <svm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i had problems with one of the media players that my computer came
    >installed
    > with so i uninstalled it. turns out that the program contained my
    > computer's
    > dvd decoder. when i search my computer, the only file i find pertaining to
    > the program is a ".pf" (or prefetch file). how can i open that? or is
    > there
    > any other way to reinstall the program?

Support Computers Microsoft Windows XP