Asus AGP-V7700

G

Greetings,
Does anyone have any experience, especially negative, with the Asus Geforce2 GTS 32meg pure? What was wrong and were you able to overcome it? Thanx

hmg57

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2001
Only problem I've had with this card was in Need For Speed -Porsche Unleashed. Occasional crashes when the lens flare option is activated but it is a bug in the game. Except for this little problem, everything is fine. What drivers are you using ?

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair...

G

Thanx for your reply. Reason I was asking, I am considering two of these cards for purchase to use with Asus A7M266 boards and 512meg of DDR. Figured I'd have less "fallout" with a video board from the same MFR as the main board.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Actually that is not the case. I am seeing more complaints about Asus cards on Asus boards than any other card on any board! I use a cheapo Visiontec card and get the same performance as the Asus equivalent for less money.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

G

Well, I guess I'll use the Gforce2 GTS from Elsa which was my other choice. Thanx

G

Absolutely!!!
I had the exact card with the P4T. I figured, same company, perfect compatability. No way, man. Had nothing but problems. It might of been the card but I didn't want to test it. I got myself a good Leadtek card.

'--=-==**==-=--'
486SX, P166, P2 350, P4 1400...
Do you see a pattern?!
Second Timothy 4:7