Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich

Thanks guys
Rich
"Rich" <richierich4@cox.net> wrote in message
news:tFxGe.248$HM1.61@okepread03...
> What other boards will work in a DK for ex will jr or 3 work in one?
> Thanks

Popeye's a close match. You'd have to rotate the monitor 90-degrees though.
I'd recommend not doing that though - go with a Double Kong.

Not sure about Mario Bros - definitely used a different control panel (for
two simultaneous players).

"Rich" <richierich4@cox.net> wrote in message
> What other boards will work in a DK for ex will jr or 3 work in one?
> Thanks

Donkey Kong Junior is a plug and play swap in the upright cabinet.

Mark

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 20:25:18 -0500, "DFrance" <someone@microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Popeye's a close match. You'd have to rotate the monitor 90-degrees though.
>I'd recommend not doing that though - go with a Double Kong.
>
>Not sure about Mario Bros - definitely used a different control panel (for
>two simultaneous players).

Neither of these have the small black sockets to use a DK harness.
The edge connector is close, but DK cabs didn't have an edge connector
harness.

Best,

- Mike -

: wrote:
:
:>Popeye's a close match. You'd have to rotate the monitor 90-degrees though.
:>I'd recommend not doing that though - go with a Double Kong.
:>
:>Not sure about Mario Bros - definitely used a different control panel (for
:>two simultaneous players).
:
: Neither of these have the small black sockets to use a DK harness.
: The edge connector is close, but DK cabs didn't have an edge connector
: harness.

Popeye does have places to add them...

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

On 30 Jul 2005 12:57:25 GMT, "Mark C. Spaeth"
<mspaeth@plancherel.mit.edu> wrote:

>Mike Haaland <mhaaland@mikesarcade.com> wrote:
>: On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 20:25:18 -0500, "DFrance" <someone@microsoft.com>
>: wrote:
>:
>: Neither of these have the small black sockets to use a DK harness.
>: The edge connector is close, but DK cabs didn't have an edge connector
>: harness.
>
>Popeye does have places to add them...

If you can find the connectors. I'm still looking for a source. :-(

:>: wrote:
:>:
:>: Neither of these have the small black sockets to use a DK harness.
:>: The edge connector is close, but DK cabs didn't have an edge connector
:>: harness.
:>
:>Popeye does have places to add them...
:
: If you can find the connectors. I'm still looking for a source. :-(

Plain .1" headers work great if you don't care about keying... heh.