XPSP2 new install cannot see my SATA drive?

Hello

Has XP SP2 got a problem with SATA drives. This is an AOpen 1558 laptop
with a Hitachi Travelstar model HTS541080G9SA00 5400rpm 80GB hard drive. I
see the drive in the BIOS OK. But when install from XP SP2 CD says cannot
find any hard drives installed on computer!

There is a drivers CD from AOpen but can't see anything specific to SATA
drivers. Anyone any ideas?

Angus
1
answer
Last reply
More about xpsp2 install sata drive

    Hi, no SP2 has no problems with Sata drives, you are required to hit 'F6' at
    the appropriate moment and load the drivers from a floppy.
    ChrisC
    "Angus Comber" <angus@NOSPAMiteloffice.com> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > Has XP SP2 got a problem with SATA drives. This is an AOpen 1558 laptop
    > with a Hitachi Travelstar model HTS541080G9SA00 5400rpm 80GB hard drive.
    > I see the drive in the BIOS OK. But when install from XP SP2 CD says
    > cannot find any hard drives installed on computer!
    >
    > There is a drivers CD from AOpen but can't see anything specific to SATA
    > drivers. Anyone any ideas?
    >
    > Angus

SATA Windows XP