XPSP2 new install cannot see my SATA drive?

August 3, 2005 3:51:10 PM

Hello

Has XP SP2 got a problem with SATA drives. This is an AOpen 1558 laptop
with a Hitachi Travelstar model HTS541080G9SA00 5400rpm 80GB hard drive. I
see the drive in the BIOS OK. But when install from XP SP2 CD says cannot
find any hard drives installed on computer!

There is a drivers CD from AOpen but can't see anything specific to SATA
drivers. Anyone any ideas?

Angus
August 3, 2005 6:48:17 PM

Hi, no SP2 has no problems with Sata drives, you are required to hit 'F6' at
the appropriate moment and load the drivers from a floppy.
ChrisC