XPSP2 new install cannot see my SATA drive?

Hello

Has XP SP2 got a problem with SATA drives. This is an AOpen 1558 laptop
with a Hitachi Travelstar model HTS541080G9SA00 5400rpm 80GB hard drive. I
see the drive in the BIOS OK. But when install from XP SP2 CD says cannot
find any hard drives installed on computer!

There is a drivers CD from AOpen but can't see anything specific to SATA
drivers. Anyone any ideas?

Angus

ChrisC

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002

Hi, no SP2 has no problems with Sata drives, you are required to hit 'F6' at
the appropriate moment and load the drivers from a floppy.
ChrisC