~1,500 preferably, can go higher based on what's available but no more than $2,000
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
At least 1920x1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
Not really important, will be plugged in almost all the time
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
BF3 on high at least, Tera on high.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Some video editing, but not focused on that, mostly gaming.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I'd like to get one with a 240-256 GB SSD and a storage drive as well.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I read that xoticpc offers military discounts so that caught my attention. Otherwise don't really care.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
At least a dvd burner. Bluray reader would be nice but with my budget it isn't important.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I've heard good things about Asus, but brands aren't very important to me.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I'm looking to get this laptop in about a month or two after I get my tax refund back. As i stated earlier I saw that xoticpc offers military discounts, so any places that offer military discounts would catch my attention.
I currently use a desktop I built almost 3 years ago. i7 860, HD5870, 12GB corsair 1600 ram, 128 GB SSD and 1TB storage drive. I'd like to get a laptop that is at the very least as good as this desktop, preferably better. I've always preferred desktops, but since joining the military I have to move around quite often and can't take my desktop with me to a lot of places, so I have to switch.