referenced memory - Application error

Hi,
can anyone tell me why I'm getting the following error message? It usually
only happens when using Internet Explorer (not every time) but I have
received the error using one other program. The address may be different
each time the error appears.

System:
Win XP with SP2 installed
512 MB RAM
59 GB free on C drive
Internet Explorer 6
Outlook Express 6

Actual error message below:

iexplore.exe - Application Error
---------------------------
The instruction at "0x00cefa2c" referenced memory at "0x02f3af10". The
memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------
1 answer Last reply
More about referenced memory application error

    Hi,

    You may want to check out this thread.
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic8913.html

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    lit wrote:
    > Hi,
    > can anyone tell me why I'm getting the following error
    > message? It usually only happens when using Internet
    > Explorer (not every time) but I have received the error
    > using one other program. The address may be different
    > each time the error appears.
    > System:
    > Win XP with SP2 installed
    > 512 MB RAM
    > 59 GB free on C drive
    > Internet Explorer 6
    > Outlook Express 6
    >
    > Actual error message below:
    >
    > iexplore.exe - Application Error
    > The instruction at "0x00cefa2c" referenced memory at
    > "0x02f3af10". The memory could not be "read".
    >

    > Click on OK to terminate the program
    > OK

Internet Explorer Error Message Memory Windows XP