unistalling accelerator card

G

hello,

i am currently running a TGUI PCI 4MB w/ a Diamond Monster 3d VC. this setup uses two PCI slots, and I need one back. this computer has become an 'internet/mp3' only computer, with absolutely no games. i need one of the PCI slots back, and was wondering if the TGUI is powerfull enough to supply decent resolution for pictures, mpegs, avi, etc. I ask this question b/c i tried to remove the diamond, and no picture came up when rebooted. is there a way to uninstall this hardware and just use the card?

TIA, Darren

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I take it the TGUI is an accelerator card and the Diamond is a regular video card? You need a regular video card, you can remove the accelerator card. If your having problems, try removing both cards in safe mode. When you then remove the accelerator card and reboot, Windows should come up in 16 colors and ask for the video card driver.
Another easy way to get a PCI slot back is to use an external modem, such as a USB modem (I bought mine for $20).

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yeh one card should be fine... graphics cards dont matter that much.... just make sure teh ramdac is fast enough to handle the resolutions and frequencies that you use...

you do not strengthen the weak by weakening the strong