GeForce Question

hatimh

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2001
I have a Athlon setup running at 1.4 GHz I currently I have a PCI Matrox G200 MMS graphics card which I need to keep but I want a 3d card that I can play games with, this would go into the free AGP slot I have. Would I be able to use the PCI card for normal tasks and then the GeForce for games? How would I just switch to the GeForce when I load up Counter STrike for example?

Do geforce cards benefit from faster CPUs? All I want is just a GeForce2MX for now which one would give me the best performance? My machine is running at 1.4 GHz 290MHz FSB, 512 crucial DDR RAM.

I saw a really cheap card Elsa Geforce2MX. What about a gainward golden sample but not twin view, does that exist?

Thanks for your help.

-----------------------------------
Don't extract the urine.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by hatimh on 07/06/01 05:19 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
You could get a GeForce2 mx400, or a Radeon LE. Your processor seems fast enough for my next suggestion. If you don't need compatibility for great games coming out in 2002 or don't intend to keep your card that long, you can get <font color=red>[shrug]</font color=red> a Kyro 2. There, I said it. It wasn't so hard.

There should be a faster one coming out soon. may be you'll want one of those. For current games, with your processor, you'll probably be getting GeForce GTS or PRO level performance in most games and perhaps Ultra level performance in some.

<font color=red><i>Tomorrow I will live, the fool does say
today itself's too late; the wise lived yesterday

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
go for the one with 3.5ns sdr... youll get teh best performance with that... if you are willing to spend more money get a cheap geforce 2 gts...

you do not strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

TRENDING THREADS