  • CD-Rom
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
August 3, 2005 10:48:00 AM

When I copy photos to a cd they change order. In 'properties' the date the
picture taken is shown but when I select that for the order to view them in,
it doesn't pick up the information. I've got 3 months of travelling pictures
in alphabetical order - help!

More about : copying photos

Anonymous
August 3, 2005 6:01:15 PM

I guess your looking at the date modified not date created column when you
are sorting.

Try this.
I the explore view of the CD chance the view to details by selecting it from
the view menu.

just above the list of files right click on any of the column headings in
the menu that pops up click on date created. This column should now be added
to the view. you may need to scroll left or right to see it.

left click on the heading to sort on it as normal.
You can change back to thumbnails view for ease with photo's

hope that helps

Orc

"Gaby" <Gaby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I copy photos to a cd they change order. In 'properties' the date
> the
> picture taken is shown but when I select that for the order to view them
> in,
> it doesn't pick up the information. I've got 3 months of travelling
> pictures
> in alphabetical order - help!
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 6:01:16 PM

I can sort by date created but it's not the same as the dates the pictures
were taken.
If I right click on a single image and go to properties, the date the
picture taken is shown, but when I try to add the column, it is blank (apart
from the heading), so it has no data to sort by.
Any ideas?