Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Clock time for synchronization

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 1:59:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hello, All!

I have done some searching and I know how to change the
frequency of time synchronization and the preferred server.
www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/1118/ and /985/ were
most helpful.

However, I would like to choose and sometimes change the actual
clock
time at which synchronization is carried out and I can't find a
Registry entry
for this. I know that this time can be set by doing a manual
synchronization but this is clumsy and inconvenient. Can anyone
tell me what Registry entry is involved? The time *must* be
recorded somewhere!


James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland, USA
August 3, 2005 2:43:09 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

In news:%23lR8DODmFHA.572@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
James Silverton <not.jim.silverton.at.erols.com> had this to say:

My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:

> Hello, All!
>
> I have done some searching and I know how to change the
> frequency of time synchronization and the preferred server.
> www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/1118/ and /985/ were
> most helpful.
>
> However, I would like to choose and sometimes change the actual
> clock
> time at which synchronization is carried out and I can't find a
> Registry entry
> for this. I know that this time can be set by doing a manual
> synchronization but this is clumsy and inconvenient. Can anyone
> tell me what Registry entry is involved? The time *must* be
> recorded somewhere!
>
>
> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland, USA

I've never seen one - setting that is... I suspect that if you were to
change the setting and log off (say you'd set it to do it once a day or
however many seconds that is) and then back on (which is what I think is
required for those settings to take effect) that that time will become the
new time that it's synced. I can't promise that's true but that seems the
most logical to me.

Else:

Time Synchronization:
http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/network/fwtimesync.ht...

Galen
--

"But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
without them."

Sherlock Holmes
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 4:16:59 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Galen wrote on Wed, 3 Aug 2005 10:43:09 -0400:

G> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:

??>> Hello, All!
??>>
??>> However, I would like to choose and sometimes change the
??>> actual clock time at which synchronization is carried out
??>> and I can't find a Registry entry for this. I know that
??>> this time can be set by doing a manual synchronization
??>> but this is clumsy and inconvenient. Can anyone tell me
??>> what Registry entry is involved? The time *must*
??>> be recorded somewhere!

G> I've never seen one - setting that is... I suspect that if
G> you were to change the setting and log off (say you'd set it
G> to do it once a day or however many seconds that is) and
G> then back on (which is what I think is required for those
G> settings to take effect) that time will become the new
G> time that it's synced. I can't promise that's true but that
G> seems the most logical to me.

G> Else:

G> Time Synchronization:
G> http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/network/fwtimesync.ht...

Thanks, the time has to be stored even if it's not in the
Registry. If you bring up the Internet Time window via Adjust
date and Time...Internet Time, you see "The time has been
successfully synchronized....at 8/3/2005 at 8:05 AM", for
example, so the number must be somewhere! It's a real puzzle.

James Silverton.
August 5, 2005 3:50:57 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

In news:eWXaHbEmFHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
James Silverton <not.jim.silverton.at.erols.com> had this to say:

My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:

> Galen wrote on Wed, 3 Aug 2005 10:43:09 -0400:
>
>> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:
>
>>> Hello, All!
>>>
>>> However, I would like to choose and sometimes change the
>>> actual clock time at which synchronization is carried out
>>> and I can't find a Registry entry for this. I know that
>>> this time can be set by doing a manual synchronization
>>> but this is clumsy and inconvenient. Can anyone tell me
>>> what Registry entry is involved? The time *must*
>>> be recorded somewhere!
>
>> I've never seen one - setting that is... I suspect that if
>> you were to change the setting and log off (say you'd set it
>> to do it once a day or however many seconds that is) and
>> then back on (which is what I think is required for those
>> settings to take effect) that time will become the new
>> time that it's synced. I can't promise that's true but that
>> seems the most logical to me.
>
>> Else:
>
>> Time Synchronization:
>> http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/network/fwtimesync.ht...
>
> Thanks, the time has to be stored even if it's not in the
> Registry. If you bring up the Internet Time window via Adjust
> date and Time...Internet Time, you see "The time has been
> successfully synchronized....at 8/3/2005 at 8:05 AM", for
> example, so the number must be somewhere! It's a real puzzle.
>
> James Silverton.

Heck, I'm crazy like that... I've now spent who knows how long trying to
find where that's stored... Err... If it's there I can't find it nor can two
other people who've looked. I think it would be set this way... Set your
time to be X-hours/minutes etc... Then at YOUR calculated time do it
manually. That would then set the time to follow that same time. So, if you
set it for hourly, and then set it on the hour, it would follow on that same
hour or that same amount of seconds later... No one's had time to test this
;)  So when you find out ping me so I can know for certain too.

Galen
--

"But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
without them."

Sherlock Holmes
!