Make network printer always the default (override roaming ..

Hi there, is it possible to set a specific printer as the default printer, no
matter what user profile is loaded? Our IT department have set the user
profile to roam, and then thier default printer follows them about. So they
click on print, and the printer in their usual office spits out the print
job, even if they are in a different building, guess what - they think the
printer is not working and then do what many users do - press the print
button again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, ,,,, I want
the local computer to default to the local (networked) printer.
thank you. Tim

This article looks pretty in depth but it may solve your problem. It shows
how to install a printer on a local machine regardless of who logs on. Hope
it is what you were looking for.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307016

"Timboo" wrote:

> Hi there, is it possible to set a specific printer as the default printer, no
> matter what user profile is loaded? Our IT department have set the user
> profile to roam, and then thier default printer follows them about. So they
> click on print, and the printer in their usual office spits out the print
> job, even if they are in a different building, guess what - they think the
> printer is not working and then do what many users do - press the print
> button again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, ,,,, I want
> the local computer to default to the local (networked) printer.
> thank you. Tim

Thank you, have printed the article off and will have a go - once Ive backed
up the tReg, thanks Tim