Sign in with
Your question

Hot Corners 2.2.0

Last response: in Windows 7
July 16, 2010 6:45:50 PM

I'm trying to install this and it keeps giving me this error "Access denied writing C:/Program Files(x86)/Hot Corners/Hotcorners.exe

I've tried using the regular Program Files, tried just skipping and even spam clicking Retry, I'm on my 10minute lunch break and yeah, don't have the time to research this (tried a bit) so I'd appreciate the help.

More about : hot corners

a b $ Windows 7
July 16, 2010 7:01:20 PM

Make your own directory /programs
Do a custom install and install to the directory you just created.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 16, 2010 7:07:23 PM

Is this a home computer or a work one?
m
l
Related resources
July 16, 2010 9:19:39 PM

Home. I tried making my own directory, renaming the normal directory name it would create, etc.

Ok, that's just stupid, apparently it wasn't installing the program as Administrator even though the only account on this computer and the one I'm currently logged into is the Administrator. I kept screwing with things and it said "This program might not install properly if it's not run as an Administrator" so I clicked "Restart program as administrator" and it installed just fine.

Any ideas as to why on the account that's the administrator a program would install as if it's not on the administrator account?

Interesting, the App isn't saving any of the settings I input for the corners.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 16, 2010 9:28:53 PM

Well, on Windows 7 there's more than one sort of Administrator. Just because a user is a member of the Administrators group doesn't meant that (s)he is the Administrator. It's a protection mechanism that helps to stop you from doing anything really silly whilst not being so intrusive as the same mechanism on Vista.
m
l
July 16, 2010 9:34:51 PM

Ijack said:
Well, on Windows 7 there's more than one sort of Administrator. Just because a user is a member of the Administrators group doesn't meant that (s)he is the Administrator. It's a protection mechanism that helps to stop you from doing anything really silly whilst not being so intrusive as the same mechanism on Vista.

Really hate how they do those kinds of things, how exactly do I set it so I'm the full on administrator? Btw been using OS X for the past four years, so 0 familiarity with 7 except for just knowing XP and 98 second and the things that are the same ^_^.

I figured out the issue with Hot Corners, apparently it didn't create it's config.ini working fine now.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 17, 2010 6:21:37 AM

Aeruthus said:
how exactly do I set it so I'm the full on administrator?

If you can't work out how to do that then it's probably best that I don't tell you. It's for your own protection.

Follow best computer practices and don't use the Administrator (or SuperUser or root) account as your normal log on.
m
l
July 24, 2010 7:16:59 PM

Ijack said:
If you can't work out how to do that then it's probably best that I don't tell you. It's for your own protection.

Follow best computer practices and don't use the Administrator (or SuperUser or root) account as your normal log on.

I don't know how because I used OS X for 4yrs and figured it'd be faster to ask then to figure it out myself. If you want to go with the it's for my own protection I'll just google it, but for the future if someone asks you might as well tell them and mention how it can be dangerous.
m
l
!