Laptop recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkkiller4o

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Hello all,

Soon i will be buying a new laptop, so i wanted to hear your opinion and recommendations on what model should i get.

1. What is your budget? about 1000$, +-100$ if i really like a laptop

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? at least 15,6 inches

3. What screen resolution do you want? As most new laptops have at least HD ready, i do not care much

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Kinda more like desktop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need? 6+ cell is a must

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? I play one game only - dota 2, it does not require very powerful computer to run on high settings

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) The main requirement is to have high computing power, intel quad i7 is a must, any RAM over 4gb is OK, 1600 MHz is must.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 750 gb is quite enough, even 500 if other parameters are really good. 7200 rpm is must

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? At least 3-4 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD RW is more than fine

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Definitely no Apple Macshits, no HP's as well (heard their quality is low). Preferred Asus, Dell and Toshiba (heard they have highest quality)

13. What country do you live in? Bulgaria or UK

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I considered this model:
http://laptop.bg/laptops-asus-N56-asus_n56vz_s3390

This is kinda the thing i am looking for - high computing power, good graphics card and multimedia, not too big, but fast hard drive. I also prefer to get the machine without installed operating system as its price will be significantly lower and i can get windows completely legally for free from my university.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

gman24

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
What are you getting your laptop for? I just bought a Sony Vaio S series 15" for school. It's pretty fast with the i7-3632QM and can handle decent gaming with the Nvidia GT 640M LE 2gb. Also it's ultra-portable weighing at only 4.3 lbs. It cost me about $900, the S Series is on sale atm at Sony Store.

It comes with a CD/DVD Drive, but the RAM is clocked at 1333mhz which sucks. But I upgraded the RAM from the soldered 4GB to 8GB at microcenter for $15... The battery life lasts around 5-5.5 hours on stamina and dimmed screen, there are a few cons here and there, and W8 is meh but definitely look up reviews for it.

It all comes down to what kind of work you're doing on it.

joma90

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2013
y580 for lenovo, best deal for $1000 gaming laptop

Specs:

Processor
3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor( 2.40GHz 6MB)

Operating system
Windows 8 64

Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M 2GB

Memory
8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM 1600 MHz

display
15.6" FHD LED Glare Wedge 1920x1080

Pointing device
Industry Standard Multi-touch 2 button touchpad

hard drive
1TB 5400RPM+16G SSD

optical device
Blu-ray/DVD-RW

Battery
6 Cell Li-Polymer

Network Card
Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2200BGN

Bluetooth
Bluetooth Version 4.0

Warranty
One year

Form Factor
Notebook

Camera
Integrated HD Camera

HDMI
HDMI (Out)

http://dealzon.com/deals/lenovo-ideapad-y580-coupon#lenovo-ideapad-y580-59359510

Status
Not open for further replies.