PS2 keyboard to USB

Just got a new Dell laptop without a PS2 port. I have an external PS
keyboard that I want to use with it. I am using a PS2 to USB adapeter
extension to plug it into the bus. The device manager will not acknowledge
the external hardward via the USB plug.

The keyboard is made by Inland. The CD rom that came with it for the driver
has been installed but it does not work because of the USB port issue.

Inland's web site is not helping. They won't answer the phone. Dell has been
not much help.
2 answers Last reply
More about keyboard

    mark wrote:
    > Just got a new Dell laptop without a PS2 port. I have an external PS
    > keyboard that I want to use with it. I am using a PS2 to USB adapeter
    > extension to plug it into the bus. The device manager will not
    > acknowledge the external hardward via the USB plug.
    >
    > The keyboard is made by Inland. The CD rom that came with it for the
    > driver has been installed but it does not work because of the USB
    > port issue.
    >
    > Inland's web site is not helping. They won't answer the phone. Dell
    > has been not much help.

    Did the keyboard COME with this adapter? Or is this one you had/bought?

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    mark wrote:
    > Just got a new Dell laptop without a PS2 port. I have an external PS
    > keyboard that I want to use with it. I am using a PS2 to USB adapeter
    > extension to plug it into the bus. The device manager will not acknowledge
    > the external hardward via the USB plug.
    >
    > The keyboard is made by Inland. The CD rom that came with it for the driver
    > has been installed but it does not work because of the USB port issue.
    >
    > Inland's web site is not helping. They won't answer the phone. Dell has been
    > not much help.

    Did the adapter you're using come with the keyboard? If the keyboard
    was not specifically designed to work with a USB-PS/2 adapter, it very
    likely can't be made to do so.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you: