Direct connect only???

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
July 15, 2004 7:46:31 PM

I just got a new i730....I still have my i95c in good working
order....what can I do with it?? I was wondering if there is anyway
to set up that phone to give to my daughter so she can only direct
connect on it? Is that possible?

More about : direct connect

Anonymous
July 16, 2004 8:40:46 AM

In message <457d974c.0407151446.1a1c87c8@posting.google.com>
jackryan57@hotmail.com (jackryan) wrote:

>I just got a new i730....I still have my i95c in good working
>order....what can I do with it?? I was wondering if there is anyway
>to set up that phone to give to my daughter so she can only direct
>connect on it? Is that possible?

Anyone with a datacable can do this for you. Many/most dealers likely
can as well, although they may charge a fee.

--
1989 - The movie "Batman," notches $100 million in 10 days,
proving once and for all that the public can't get enough

"DevilsPGD" <UseTheReplyToField@crazyhat.net> wrote in message
> In message <457d974c.0407151446.1a1c87c8@posting.google.com>
> jackryan57@hotmail.com (jackryan) wrote:
>
> >I just got a new i730....I still have my i95c in good working
> >order....what can I do with it?? I was wondering if there is anyway
> >to set up that phone to give to my daughter so she can only direct
> >connect on it? Is that possible?
>
> Anyone with a datacable can do this for you. Many/most dealers likely
> can as well, although they may charge a fee.

Don't they have a DC-only plan? Or is that solely for business accounts?
Related resources
July 16, 2004 8:56:05 AM

"Scott Stephenson" <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:<TqKdnZ1pubW5wGrdRVn-uQ@adelphia.com>...
> "DevilsPGD" <UseTheReplyToField@crazyhat.net> wrote in message
> > In message <457d974c.0407151446.1a1c87c8@posting.google.com>
> > jackryan57@hotmail.com (jackryan) wrote:
> >
> > >I just got a new i730....I still have my i95c in good working
> > >order....what can I do with it?? I was wondering if there is anyway
> > >to set up that phone to give to my daughter so she can only direct
> > >connect on it? Is that possible?
> >
> > Anyone with a datacable can do this for you. Many/most dealers likely
> > can as well, although they may charge a fee.

I have a data cable.....now what????
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 3:07:37 PM

Nextel ditched the DC-only plan. I wanted it for my business but it's not
available. Don't get my old boss started on this topic; he has about a
dozen nextel phones and for 8 yrs he had DC-only plans but now they all come
w/phone minutes. You can have nextel set up the account for DC-only but
you'll still be paying for the minutes that you aren't using.
Slik

"Scott Stephenson" <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote in message

> "DevilsPGD" <UseTheReplyToField@crazyhat.net> wrote in message
> > In message <457d974c.0407151446.1a1c87c8@posting.google.com>
> > jackryan57@hotmail.com (jackryan) wrote:
> >
> > >I just got a new i730....I still have my i95c in good working
> > >order....what can I do with it?? I was wondering if there is anyway
> > >to set up that phone to give to my daughter so she can only direct
> > >connect on it? Is that possible?
> >
> > Anyone with a datacable can do this for you. Many/most dealers likely
> > can as well, although they may charge a fee.
> >

> Don't they have a DC-only plan? Or is that solely for business accounts?

July 16, 2004 4:32:47 PM

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:07:37 -0400, "slikrikd" <slikrikd@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>Nextel ditched the DC-only plan.

They did, but now they have it back again.

I called 2 weeks ago to drop a phone from my account and they did everything
to try and keep it active. "Can we switch you to a lower monthly rate? Can
you give the phone to a friend who will keep it active?" No, no. But then
they asked if I would be interested in a DC only plan. I told them I thought
you got rid of that (because I had an older phone with that plan and ended up
getting rid of it) and they said they did, but brought it back due to numerous
requests for it. I believe it was $29/month for a limited amount of minutes
or $39 unlimited. Not including national DC.

The older origianl DC only plan was cheaper than this - something like
$20/month.
Anonymous
July 17, 2004 3:08:28 AM

Interesting, thx for the info.

"Mark" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:07:37 -0400, "slikrikd" <slikrikd@bellsouth.net>
wrote:

> >Nextel ditched the DC-only plan.
>
> They did, but now they have it back again.
>
> I called 2 weeks ago to drop a phone from my account and they did
everything
> to try and keep it active. "Can we switch you to a lower monthly rate?
Can
> you give the phone to a friend who will keep it active?" No, no. But
then
> they asked if I would be interested in a DC only plan. I told them I
thought
> you got rid of that (because I had an older phone with that plan and ended
up
> getting rid of it) and they said they did, but brought it back due to
numerous
> requests for it. I believe it was $29/month for a limited amount of
minutes
> or $39 unlimited. Not including national DC.
>
> The older origianl DC only plan was cheaper than this - something like
> $20/month.
Anonymous
July 18, 2004 12:17:53 AM

[ lots snipped ]

>> >Nextel ditched the DC-only plan.
>>
>> They did, but now they have it back again.

do you know if they still allow "911" access on those units? I'd guess
yes, but I just got off the phone with a nextel rep who didn't know.

thanks
dannyb@panix.com
July 18, 2004 2:22:59 AM

danny burstein wrote:

> [ lots snipped ]

>>>They did, but now they have it back again.
>

> do you know if they still allow "911" access on those units? I'd guess
> yes, but I just got off the phone with a nextel rep who didn't know.
>
> thanks

[sarc] **GASP!!** A CSR that didn't know??? No way!! [/sarc]

July 18, 2004 8:39:16 AM

In message <457d974c.0407160356.3bf22fbc@posting.google.com>
jackryan57@hotmail.com (jackryan) wrote:

>I have a data cable.....now what????

Grab a copy of Companion Pro, connect to the phone, and lock the ability
to manually phone numbers.

--
If a job is worth doing, then get someone in to do it properly.
July 18, 2004 12:34:28 PM

DevilsPGD <UseTheReplyToField@crazyhat.net> wrote in message news:<U9nKc.19916978$Id.3294764@news.easynews.com>...
> In message <457d974c.0407160356.3bf22fbc@posting.google.com>
> jackryan57@hotmail.com (jackryan) wrote:
>
> >I have a data cable.....now what????
>
> Grab a copy of Companion Pro, connect to the phone, and lock the ability
> to manually phone numbers.

Can you give a little more info?? What does "maually phone numbers" mean?? LOL
Anonymous
July 18, 2004 9:50:31 PM

In message <457d974c.0407180734.5999978b@posting.google.com>
jackryan57@hotmail.com (jackryan) wrote:

>>>I have a data cable.....now what????
>>
>> Grab a copy of Companion Pro, connect to the phone, and lock the ability
>> to manually phone numbers.
>
>Can you give a little more info?? What does "maually phone numbers" mean?? LOL

I means I have grammer goodest!

--
Never try to extort more than it would cost to have you killed.
July 19, 2004 10:56:44 AM

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 20:17:53 +0000 (UTC), danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com>
wrote:

>[ lots snipped ]

>>> They did, but now they have it back again.
>
>do you know if they still allow "911" access on those units? I'd guess
>yes, but I just got off the phone with a nextel rep who didn't know.

Federal law says all cell phones must be able to call 911 even if they are not
subscribed to any service.
Anonymous
July 19, 2004 11:36:44 AM

About a year ago it was $15/month + $.20 for each DC min. with no
included time. I think you could also make cellular calls at some
very high rate but I don't recall for sure.

This was for a personal account; business accounts may be less costly.

-D

jackryan57@hotmail.com (jackryan) wrote in message news:<457d974c.0407151446.1a1c87c8@posting.google.com>...
> I just got a new i730....I still have my i95c in good working
> order....what can I do with it?? I was wondering if there is anyway
> to set up that phone to give to my daughter so she can only direct
> connect on it? Is that possible?
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 1:00:25 AM

In <t0anf0196uhgh5lbgmq7spnr35iirm1av0@4ax.com> Mark <me@privacy.net> writes:

>>do you know if they still allow "911" access on those units? I'd guess
>>yes, but I just got off the phone with a nextel rep who didn't know.

>Federal law says all cell phones must be able to call 911 even if they are not
>subscribed to any service.

I hate to use the following phrase, because one of our local loons (he's
friendly, but he's a loon) sleeps with it on his pillow, but this may be
one of those cases where the fact that "nextel is not a cellular service"
may be relevant. I dunno...

Just like, for example, the radios used by East Cupcake Bar and Grill do
NOT have any "911" access.

I'd guess that all Nextel radios with a keypad [a] have 911 access, but
I'm still waiting to hear from them.

[a] they had some that were pure "direct connect" and only gave you push
to talk within your own company's Nextel circle. I haven't seen any
recently.
dannyb@panix.com