Video Cards Conflict

mkn100

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2001
Hello everyone!

I just bought a new monitor and I would like to run my computer dual monitor. I currently have the Radeon Video card on ASUS CUSL2 board. When I add the new video card on a PCI slot, the computer creates some long beep tones when power up and nothing is displayed on my monitor (the monitor is hooked up to the Radeon card). When I remove the card, the computer boots up fine. I looked in the manual and it says the beep means "Video card not found or video card memory bad"

Anyone know what I can do to fix the problem? Can I have one video card on AGP (as primary) and one on PCI (as secondary)?

Thank you for your help!
Mike

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Somewhere in BIOS there is a choice for primary display device as PCI or AGP. Using your onboard graphics, get into BIOS and set it to PCI. Yes, you can have one AGP and one PCI video adapter. Remember that the onboard adapter is AGP and diabled when the presence of an add in AGP card is detected.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

mkn100

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2001
Actually, I want my Radeon (AGP) as my primary display and the PCI card as my secondary display. I don't think I will use the on-board AGP.

I will try it tonight and see how it goes...
Mike

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
OK, well then your doing sometihng wrong, let's figure it out:
You MUST have your MONITOR plugged into the AGP card, not the onboard video connector.
You MUST have the card shoved in all the way into the socket.
It should work, my wife has the exact same settup.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine