Question about removing Windows XP folder

August 3, 2005 3:53:02 PM

I have a 120GB hard drive that used to be my main drive with OS installed...
but then I switched motherboards on my system, and loaded WindowsXP onto a
new, fresh 200GB hard drive, and then plugged my old 120GB in as a slave to
be able to access my old data.

My question is, what is the process and dangers of simply deleting the
"WINDOWS" folder from my slave drive? I have already tried to do this once,
and the system ignored the command.

What should I do to delete this and regain the 3GB of space on my slave
drive?

Thanks!

--
C The Shocker
Anonymous

Assuming your boot.ini file has no references to the Windows system on
this slave drive, there should be nothing to prevent you from deleting
it. This is the way one deletes an unwanted Windows installation, as
there is no such thing as an "uninstall Windows" command.
!