Dell Media Experience

I bought an Inspiron 5150 in January 2004, and it came pre installed
with Dell Media Experience software. It was really good - i even bought
the remote control to use it with.

However, my system did not come with a CD backup of Media Experience. I
needed 2 format my machine, and so since then, I havent had the
software. I rang Dell, and she said that there was nothing they could do.

Has anyone else had this problem, or can anyone point me to where I can
download it?

Chris.
3 answers Last reply
More about dell media experience

    "Chris" <c.p.storey@durham.ac.uk> wrote in message
    >I bought an Inspiron 5150 in January 2004, and it came pre installed with
    >Dell Media Experience software. It was really good - i even bought the
    >remote control to use it with.
    >
    > However, my system did not come with a CD backup of Media Experience. I
    > needed 2 format my machine, and so since then, I havent had the software.
    > I rang Dell, and she said that there was nothing they could do.
    >
    > Has anyone else had this problem, or can anyone point me to where I can
    > download it?
    >
    > Chris.

    Is it not on your Dell-badged 'backup applications' CD (paraphrasing) ?

    It is not available (with a quick search) at the Dell Support downloads
    site.....

    Stew

    Did you get a CD to reinstall Sonic Solutions?
    I believe that it should be part of Sonic Solutions Sonic DMX 3.0 (DMX=Dell
    Media eXperience).

    http://www1.us.dell.com/content/learnmore/learnmore.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~id=dmx&~series=dimen

    If not check on eBay, there's usually a set of disks floating around you can
    pick up cheap.

    Download the current patch (R101199.EXE) from the Dell website.

    "Chris" <c.p.storey@durham.ac.uk> wrote in message
    >I bought an Inspiron 5150 in January 2004, and it came pre installed with
    >Dell Media Experience software. It was really good - i even bought the
    >remote control to use it with.
    >
    > However, my system did not come with a CD backup of Media Experience. I
    > needed 2 format my machine, and so since then, I havent had the software.
    > I rang Dell, and she said that there was nothing they could do.
    >
    > Has anyone else had this problem, or can anyone point me to where I can
    > download it?
  3. Yes , I'm having the same problems today. Mine just quit working and Dell won't help unless I pay them $69.00. I asked them what the program cost and they said it was discontinued, so I think they took it off my computer???
    Let me know if you find anything to replace it.
    thanks
    Julia

Dell Inspiron Software Computers