Dell Media Experience

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I bought an Inspiron 5150 in January 2004, and it came pre installed
with Dell Media Experience software. It was really good - i even bought
the remote control to use it with.

However, my system did not come with a CD backup of Media Experience. I
needed 2 format my machine, and so since then, I havent had the
software. I rang Dell, and she said that there was nothing they could do.

Has anyone else had this problem, or can anyone point me to where I can
download it?

Chris.

"Chris" <c.p.storey@durham.ac.uk> wrote in message
>I bought an Inspiron 5150 in January 2004, and it came pre installed with
>Dell Media Experience software. It was really good - i even bought the
>remote control to use it with.
>
> However, my system did not come with a CD backup of Media Experience. I
> needed 2 format my machine, and so since then, I havent had the software.
> I rang Dell, and she said that there was nothing they could do.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem, or can anyone point me to where I can
> download it?
>
> Chris.

Is it not on your Dell-badged 'backup applications' CD (paraphrasing) ?

It is not available (with a quick search) at the Dell Support downloads
site.....

Stew

dennis

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003

Did you get a CD to reinstall Sonic Solutions?
I believe that it should be part of Sonic Solutions Sonic DMX 3.0 (DMX=Dell
Media eXperience).

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/learnmore/learnmore.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~id=dmx&~series=dimen

If not check on eBay, there's usually a set of disks floating around you can
pick up cheap.

Download the current patch (R101199.EXE) from the Dell website.

"Chris" <c.p.storey@durham.ac.uk> wrote in message
>I bought an Inspiron 5150 in January 2004, and it came pre installed with
>Dell Media Experience software. It was really good - i even bought the
>remote control to use it with.
>
> However, my system did not come with a CD backup of Media Experience. I
> needed 2 format my machine, and so since then, I havent had the software.
> I rang Dell, and she said that there was nothing they could do.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem, or can anyone point me to where I can
> download it?

Yes , I'm having the same problems today. Mine just quit working and Dell won't help unless I pay them $69.00. I asked them what the program cost and they said it was discontinued, so I think they took it off my computer???
Let me know if you find anything to replace it.
thanks
Julia