Windows repair cant find HD's with windows raided..

Chrish65412

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2005

Hey, I'm kinda stuck right now. Heres the problem. I got a blue screen
saying something about unintalling any new programs or disabling some
kind of memory (it was only up for a second or two). When it went to
reboot Windows couldn't be loaded. It would get to the load screen but
a blue screen would come up for half a second and reboot. I stopped the
auto reboot and it said that it was forced to reboot to portect the
files. When I get to the screen that says sorry windows couldn't boot
and gives me the option to use last best working settings, nothing on
that works, safe mode included. Now when I tryed to repair windows with
the CD it gives me the error that it cant find my HD's. I'm currently
raiding windows. Is there anything else I can try to help fix this or
would a format be the best?

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

When you start XP using the CD it gives you an option to press F6 (I think)
to load 3rd party drivers, you need to have your floppy disk with the RAID
controller drivers when you are prompted and follow the instructions.

Neil

<ChrisH65412@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey, I'm kinda stuck right now. Heres the problem. I got a blue screen
> saying something about unintalling any new programs or disabling some
> kind of memory (it was only up for a second or two). When it went to
> reboot Windows couldn't be loaded. It would get to the load screen but
> a blue screen would come up for half a second and reboot. I stopped the
> auto reboot and it said that it was forced to reboot to portect the
> files. When I get to the screen that says sorry windows couldn't boot
> and gives me the option to use last best working settings, nothing on
> that works, safe mode included. Now when I tryed to repair windows with
> the CD it gives me the error that it cant find my HD's. I'm currently
> raiding windows. Is there anything else I can try to help fix this or
> would a format be the best?

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Oh, that should work then. Perhaps someone else will be able to help. I have
only experimented with RAID and I know that worked for me.
best of luck