lost Internet access on new upgrades

August 3, 2005 6:37:06 PM

I have a strange problem: whenever I update/upgrade an application software,
that application loses internet connectivity. I can still connect to the
internet (IE, other apps,). If I re-install the previous version of the app
that lost connection, then it has Internet connectivity.
I have run through all the spyware/virus/trojans/worms cleaning programs,
etc... and everytime the PC is clean. I am running WinXP Pro SP2 with all
the latest updates, Kaspersky AV, MS Anti Spyware beta, WinXP Firewall
behind a DSL modem that has its own firewall.
I suspect a registry entry or something that is set "wrong" causing this
strange problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 11:27:51 PM