Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Teen Tracking

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
July 17, 2004 5:59:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

For Greg and all other parents of teenagers. We have completed our story
about teen car tracking. You can find it here
http://www.gps-practice-and-fun.com/teen-tracking.html

--
Andreas van Hooijdonk
http://www.gps-practice-and-fun.com

More about : teen tracking

July 19, 2004 11:09:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 13:59:53 +0200, "Andreas van Hooijdonk" <ahooijdZ@piZ.beZ
(NOZ)> wrote:

>For Greg and all other parents of teenagers. We have completed our story
>about teen car tracking. You can find it here
>http://www.gps-practice-and-fun.com/teen-tracking.html


"A teen tracking system is not an invasion of privacy and it is not a trust
issue, it is about protecting your teen driver from misjudgments teens too
often make when driving."

Well, you certainly got this wrong. Tracking your teen IS an invasion of
privacy BECAUSE you don't trust them. It's that simple. Anyone who says
otherwise is in serious denial.

If parents cannot admit what they are doing rather than trying to twist and
justify it, there will never be a worthwhile relationship between them and
their child.

It's no different than a parent who decides to look through a childs room or
belongings for drugs or anything else of concern. Should it be done?
Absolutely if you, as a parent, think it needs to be done. But stop making
excuses or lying about it.

Bottom line is that your teen isn't stupid. They can smell your lie as quick
as they can come up with their own.
Anonymous
July 19, 2004 5:25:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

Mark wrote:

>
> "A teen tracking system is not an invasion of privacy and it is not a trust
> issue, it is about protecting your teen driver from misjudgments teens too
> often make when driving."
>
> Well, you certainly got this wrong. Tracking your teen IS an invasion of
> privacy BECAUSE you don't trust them. It's that simple. Anyone who says
> otherwise is in serious denial.

And you're a very Liberal member of PETA, right? Excuse me,
underage children living in my house have NO privacy. Therefore there
is nothing to invade. YOU got it all wrong and anyone who disagrees
(in either case) is a parent who may be the one on the news "but may
child would DO something like that!" It's not about trust, it's about
the safety and well being of a child by knowing where that child is
when you want to. Suppose they were in a wreck and can not make a call?

>
> If parents cannot admit what they are doing rather than trying to twist and
> justify it, there will never be a worthwhile relationship between them and
> their child.

Wrong, it is the parents who want to be their childs best friend
rather than be a parent who have the problems. Oh I would admit it
wholeheartedly, I will check up on him/her whenever I desire.

>
> It's no different than a parent who decides to look through a childs room or
> belongings for drugs or anything else of concern. Should it be done?
> Absolutely if you, as a parent, think it needs to be done. But stop making
> excuses or lying about it.

Who makes excuses? Kids WILL make mistakes and there are laws that
can take posession of your house if your kid has drugs there. So
digging through the sock drawer is okay, but looking to see if they
are really at the library is not? Please...

>
> Bottom line is that your teen isn't stupid. They can smell your lie as quick
> as they can come up with their own.

I still don't get the lie here, If I tell my kid that I can see where
you are, do not go where you shouldn't go, how is that a lie?

--
Related resources
Anonymous
July 19, 2004 9:01:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

Mark, you present it as Big Bad Parents, spying on their kids. But once
your child is alone in the car, how will you know how he/she is doing
and learning? We still believe that playing back the recorded data
Together (parent and child) is a great way to keep in touch and have
good talks together.

--
Andreas

"Mark" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:p hanf0pk3gtjrm53gjl7v1r3u68tck3k5o@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 13:59:53 +0200, "Andreas van Hooijdonk"
<ahooijdZ@piZ.beZ
> (NOZ)> wrote:
>
> >For Greg and all other parents of teenagers. We have completed our
story
> >about teen car tracking. You can find it here
> >http://www.gps-practice-and-fun.com/teen-tracking.html
>
>
> "A teen tracking system is not an invasion of privacy and it is not a
trust
> issue, it is about protecting your teen driver from misjudgments teens
too
> often make when driving."
>
> Well, you certainly got this wrong. Tracking your teen IS an invasion
of
> privacy BECAUSE you don't trust them. It's that simple. Anyone who
says
> otherwise is in serious denial.
>
> If parents cannot admit what they are doing rather than trying to
twist and
> justify it, there will never be a worthwhile relationship between them
and
> their child.
>
> It's no different than a parent who decides to look through a childs
room or
> belongings for drugs or anything else of concern. Should it be done?
> Absolutely if you, as a parent, think it needs to be done. But stop
making
> excuses or lying about it.
>
> Bottom line is that your teen isn't stupid. They can smell your lie
as quick
> as they can come up with their own.
Anonymous
July 19, 2004 9:01:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

Andreas van Hooijdonk wrote:

> Mark, you present it as Big Bad Parents, spying on their kids. But once
> your child is alone in the car, how will you know how he/she is doing
> and learning? We still believe that playing back the recorded data
> Together (parent and child) is a great way to keep in touch and have
> good talks together.
>

I think it's a better way to make sure she's not going to a party at
some scag gangbangers trailer....

--
July 20, 2004 2:43:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:01:44 +0200, "Andreas van Hooijdonk" <ahooijdZ@piZ.beZ
(NOZ)> wrote:

>Mark, you present it as Big Bad Parents, spying on their kids. But once
>your child is alone in the car, how will you know how he/she is doing
>and learning? We still believe that playing back the recorded data
>Together (parent and child) is a great way to keep in touch and have
>good talks together.

IF and only IF there is a need for it. Communication without the spying would
be a much better way for trust to be earned all around.

And, BTW, I'm not the one who presented the "big bad parents" scenario. Your
article did that quite nicely by itself.
July 20, 2004 2:49:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:27:15 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>Andreas van Hooijdonk wrote:
>
>> Mark, you present it as Big Bad Parents, spying on their kids. But once
>> your child is alone in the car, how will you know how he/she is doing
>> and learning? We still believe that playing back the recorded data
>> Together (parent and child) is a great way to keep in touch and have
>> good talks together.
>>
>
>I think it's a better way to make sure she's not going to a party at
>some scag gangbangers trailer....

This post, and your previous one, have demonstrated that you are a piss poor
excuse for a parent and have a LOT to learn. Unfortunately it will be at your
kids expense. Perhaps someday we'll read about your kids sharing a cell with
the Menendez brothers.
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 10:39:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

Mark wrote:

> This post, and your previous one, have demonstrated that you are a piss poor
> excuse for a parent and have a LOT to learn. Unfortunately it will be at your
> kids expense. Perhaps someday we'll read about your kids sharing a cell with
> the Menendez brothers.

Perhapse one day your kid will be headlines as kidnapped because your
posts portray you as a gullible fool.

--
July 21, 2004 2:17:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

WindsorFox[SS] wrote:
> Mark wrote:
>
>>
>> "A teen tracking system is not an invasion of privacy and it is not
>> a trust issue, it is about protecting your teen driver from
>> misjudgments teens too often make when driving."
>>
>> Well, you certainly got this wrong. Tracking your teen IS an
>> invasion of privacy BECAUSE you don't trust them. It's that simple.
>> Anyone who says otherwise is in serious denial.
>
> And you're a very Liberal member of PETA, right? Excuse me,
> underage children living in my house have NO privacy. Therefore there
> is nothing to invade. YOU got it all wrong and anyone who disagrees
> (in either case) is a parent who may be the one on the news "but may
> child would DO something like that!" It's not about trust, it's about
> the safety and well being of a child by knowing where that child is
> when you want to. Suppose they were in a wreck and can not make a
> call?
>
>>
>> If parents cannot admit what they are doing rather than trying to
>> twist and justify it, there will never be a worthwhile relationship
>> between them and their child.
>
> Wrong, it is the parents who want to be their childs best friend
> rather than be a parent who have the problems. Oh I would admit it
> wholeheartedly, I will check up on him/her whenever I desire.
>
>>
>> It's no different than a parent who decides to look through a childs
>> room or belongings for drugs or anything else of concern. Should it
>> be done? Absolutely if you, as a parent, think it needs to be done.
>> But stop making excuses or lying about it.
>
> Who makes excuses? Kids WILL make mistakes and there are laws that
> can take posession of your house if your kid has drugs there. So
> digging through the sock drawer is okay, but looking to see if they
> are really at the library is not? Please...
>
>>
>> Bottom line is that your teen isn't stupid. They can smell your lie
>> as quick as they can come up with their own.
>
> I still don't get the lie here, If I tell my kid that I can see where
> you are, do not go where you shouldn't go, how is that a lie?3

When Mark gets out of his teens and becomes a parent he will look at things
differently. Schools teach children to watch their parents for drug use and
other improprieties so it has to work both ways for a better society.

John
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 2:17:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

John wrote:

>>I still don't get the lie here, If I tell my kid that I can see where
>>you are, do not go where you shouldn't go, how is that a lie?3
>
>
> When Mark gets out of his teens and becomes a parent he will look at things
> differently. Schools teach children to watch their parents for drug use and
> other improprieties so it has to work both ways for a better society.
>
> John
>
>

I hadn't thought about that. He make accusations and dodges the
question and seems far too gullible to be an adult, but then adults
lose money everyday to chineese crooks making fake Paypal and
Citibank pages.

--
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 4:32:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

This will help you from being fooled by fake Paypal and Citibank pages.
http://www.realtimecredentials.com/spoofstick/

--
peter_may_day

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/who-called-me/
Directory of unlisted phone numbers

--
> I hadn't thought about that. He make accusations and dodges the
> question and seems far too gullible to be an adult, but then adults
> lose money everyday to chineese crooks making fake Paypal and
> Citibank pages.
>
> --
>
>
July 21, 2004 4:54:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

WindsorFox[SS] wrote:
> John wrote:
>
>>> I still don't get the lie here, If I tell my kid that I can see
>>> where you are, do not go where you shouldn't go, how is that a lie?3
>>
>>
>> When Mark gets out of his teens and becomes a parent he will look
>> at things differently. Schools teach children to watch their parents
>> for drug use and other improprieties so it has to work both ways for
>> a better society.
>>
>> John
>>
>>
>
> I hadn't thought about that. He make accusations and dodges the
> question and seems far too gullible to be an adult, but then adults
> lose money everyday to chineese crooks making fake Paypal and
> Citibank pages.

I still say the BEST way to track a youngster is to supply their allowance
through an ATM card. I know exactly where my 15 year old girl spends her
money and with the help of the bank I have tracked her every move without
her really knowing or caring. If I supply her with the finances I have even
more control of her while she is more than willing to go along with the deal
of owning a cell and ATM card. Makes her feel like she is being treated like
an adult.

John
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 6:31:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

In message <D9jLc.132864$IQ4.5220@attbi_s02> "John"
<NJJohn@NOSPAMxemaps.com> wrote:

> I still say the BEST way to track a youngster is to supply their allowance
>through an ATM card. I know exactly where my 15 year old girl spends her
>money and with the help of the bank I have tracked her every move without
>her really knowing or caring. If I supply her with the finances I have even
>more control of her while she is more than willing to go along with the deal
>of owning a cell and ATM card. Makes her feel like she is being treated like
>an adult.

Yup. Knowing she left the house at 6pm, her first stop was 6:15pm at
the ATM machine down the street and she didn't return until 2am sure
tells you where she was.


--
I guess we'll be going down together, I mean getting off together, I mean
... That's Ok, I'll just press the button for the stimulator. Elevator!
-- Homer Simpson
July 21, 2004 12:17:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:17:35 GMT, "John" <NJJohn@NOSPAMxemaps.com> wrote:


> When Mark gets out of his teens and becomes a parent he will look at things
>differently.

I see you enjoy the standard usenet response when you haven't a valid
argument. When my grandchildren start getting in to their teens, I'll feel no
differently about them than I did with my kids.

Buy in to the hype all you want. Patenting skills is more important. Try
learning some.
July 21, 2004 12:18:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:39:12 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>Mark wrote:
>
>> This post, and your previous one, have demonstrated that you are a piss poor
>> excuse for a parent and have a LOT to learn. Unfortunately it will be at your
>> kids expense. Perhaps someday we'll read about your kids sharing a cell with
>> the Menendez brothers.
>
>Perhapse one day your kid will be headlines as kidnapped because your
>posts portray you as a gullible fool.

Maybe someday your kids will love you.
July 21, 2004 1:04:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

DevilsPGD wrote:
> In message <D9jLc.132864$IQ4.5220@attbi_s02> "John"
> <NJJohn@NOSPAMxemaps.com> wrote:
>
>> I still say the BEST way to track a youngster is to supply their
>> allowance through an ATM card. I know exactly where my 15 year old
>> girl spends her money and with the help of the bank I have tracked
>> her every move without her really knowing or caring. If I supply her
>> with the finances I have even more control of her while she is more
>> than willing to go along with the deal of owning a cell and ATM
>> card. Makes her feel like she is being treated like an adult.
>
> Yup. Knowing she left the house at 6pm, her first stop was 6:15pm at
> the ATM machine down the street and she didn't return until 2am sure
> tells you where she was.

I suppose you would installing a tracking chip on her ass then. She leaves
her cell anywhere she wants and then you know exactly where her cell is so I
guess that tells you everything you want to know too dipshit?
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 3:18:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

In message <wcUKc.3091$_K2.1428@lakeread02> "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

> And you're a very Liberal member of PETA, right? Excuse me,
>underage children living in my house have NO privacy. Therefore there
>is nothing to invade. YOU got it all wrong and anyone who disagrees
>(in either case) is a parent who may be the one on the news "but may
>child would DO something like that!" It's not about trust, it's about
>the safety and well being of a child by knowing where that child is
>when you want to.

Okay, I'll bite. Suppose your child doesn't come home and isn't
answering their phone. What are you going to do about it?

Assuming you track them down via the GPS, or call the police or
something, do you think your teen will leave the phone on next time?

>Suppose they were in a wreck and can not make a call?

Suppose they were. Unless you know they had an accident how does the
GPS help anybody?


--
Failure is not an option. It's bundled with your software.
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 11:19:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

peter_may_day wrote:

> This will help you from being fooled by fake Paypal and Citibank pages.
> http://www.realtimecredentials.com/spoofstick/
>


I've never been fooled. Not only that I refuse to use garbageware
and that little addon only works on IE, Which I guess if you think
about it, it probably doesn'thave much use on Mozilla or Opera.

--
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 11:27:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

DevilsPGD wrote:


> Okay, I'll bite. Suppose your child doesn't come home and isn't
> answering their phone. What are you going to do about it?

He/she will not be going out again. For quite sometime. There are
rules. You NEVER turn your phone off and you do NOT lay it down. If
you do, it is the same as going someplace you don't belong.
>
> Assuming you track them down via the GPS, or call the police or
> something, do you think your teen will leave the phone on next time?

See above...
>
>
>>Suppose they were in a wreck and can not make a call?

My point about a wreck was that if they go missing and you can track
down the fone you will find them.

>
>
> Suppose they were. Unless you know they had an accident how does the
> GPS help anybody?
>

The whole point is it's better than nothing and by wanting to know
where your kid is located is not an invasion.
--
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 9:44:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

What does this discussion have to do with Nextel???

When i was young I had a 10pm curfew till I was 16 then it was midnight till
I was 18. My parents asked me who I was going out with, their parents names
and their phone #. If I spent the night I called home before the curfew and
my parents spoke to theres. Cellphones were way too expensive when I was 16,
I had a pager that I paid for and I had to call home asap when I was paged.
My parents bought my a phone card so I'd never have a problem calling home.
My parents had money they just refused to spoil me I guess.
!