Black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbooiigg

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Recently, my hp laptop has been getting black screen. I was playing a game (League of Legends), and the laptop would randomly go black screen. The power is still on but I can't do anything. After getting the black screen, I force shut my laptop off and turned it back on. It would show the hp logo but it would stay as a black screen before even being able to log onto my account, but after letting it stay off for awhile I would be able to log back on. I went into safe mode and did a clean boot but I still can't log on. The only way is for me to wait awhile (maybe one hour) before being able to log back on.

Is there something wrong with the GPU, CPU or motherboard?

zycuda

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Gaming heats laptops up a lot and i'm assuming that's the problem. Turning down the graphics settings and getting a laptop cooling pad should help, if overheating is the problem

bbooiigg

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
I thought it was the GPU too but I don't know why it's acting up now. It's an ATI Mobility Radeon HD and it's been fine for the past years. I downloaded MSI Afterburner and saw the temps at ~65C with 30% fan. I raised the fan to 50% but I still got black screen.

bbooiigg

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Nevermind. Fixed it. It was due to the fact that I let it sleep most of the time because I got too lazy to turn it off. The only way to fix it is to:
1. Turn it off and remove the power cord and battery pack.
2. Hold the power button for ~30seconds
3. Put the battery pack back in and turn it back on

Status
Not open for further replies.