CDBOOT: MEMORY OVERFLOW ERROR

August 3, 2005 8:03:03 PM

I am trying to re-install Win XP Pro on my home computer. The hard drive
crashed because of software difficulties and I was unable to restore. I wiped
the hard drive, then put the Windows CD in the drive and rebooted the
computer after making sure I changed the boot sequence in the CMOS so that it
would boot from CD. When it gets to where it should start booting from the
CD, I get the following messages:

Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM:
1. No Emulation System Type-(00)
CDBOOT: Memory Overflow Error

Invalid system Disk

Now I know this disk works just fine as I have just recently used it. So
what is going on here? This error is not on the microsoft website anywhere
that concerns installation of the program.
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 10:33:42 PM

If you have both a CD drive & a DVD drive, make sure you are using the 1st physical device (according to physical hookup).
Or if you do have both, then try booting with CD in other drive

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

dan8552 wrote:
> I am trying to re-install Win XP Pro on my home computer. The hard
> drive crashed because of software difficulties and I was unable to
> restore. I wiped the hard drive, then put the Windows CD in the drive
> and rebooted the computer after making sure I changed the boot
> sequence in the CMOS so that it would boot from CD. When it gets to
> where it should start booting from the CD, I get the following
> messages:
>
> Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM:
> 1. No Emulation System Type-(00)
> CDBOOT: Memory Overflow Error
>
> Invalid system Disk
>
> Now I know this disk works just fine as I have just recently used it.
> So what is going on here? This error is not on the microsoft website
> anywhere that concerns installation of the program.
February 16, 2009 11:59:45 PM

348486,2,232999 said:

Anonymous,

"Maurice N" is right about first physical device but since you have a crashed HDD as you told earlier then you might have a problem on HDD.

Do you know what MBR means??? [Master Boot Record]
make sure your hard drive has one, and not a broken MBR as well as BOOT SECTOR.

I think you have a Harddrive problem, try replacing it as a test then well see what happens next.

Cyberwolf PH
!