CDBOOT: MEMORY OVERFLOW ERROR

Tags:
  • CD-Rom
  • Windows XP
August 3, 2005 8:03:03 PM

I am trying to re-install Win XP Pro on my home computer. The hard drive
crashed because of software difficulties and I was unable to restore. I wiped
the hard drive, then put the Windows CD in the drive and rebooted the
computer after making sure I changed the boot sequence in the CMOS so that it
would boot from CD. When it gets to where it should start booting from the
CD, I get the following messages:

Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM:
1. No Emulation System Type-(00)
CDBOOT: Memory Overflow Error

Invalid system Disk

Now I know this disk works just fine as I have just recently used it. So
what is going on here? This error is not on the microsoft website anywhere
that concerns installation of the program.

More about : cdboot memory overflow error

Anonymous
August 3, 2005 10:33:42 PM

If you have both a CD drive & a DVD drive, make sure you are using the 1st physical device (according to physical hookup).
Or if you do have both, then try booting with CD in other drive

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

dan8552 wrote:
> I am trying to re-install Win XP Pro on my home computer. The hard
> drive crashed because of software difficulties and I was unable to
> restore. I wiped the hard drive, then put the Windows CD in the drive
> and rebooted the computer after making sure I changed the boot
> sequence in the CMOS so that it would boot from CD. When it gets to
> where it should start booting from the CD, I get the following
> messages:
>
> Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM:
> 1. No Emulation System Type-(00)
> CDBOOT: Memory Overflow Error
>
> Invalid system Disk
>
> Now I know this disk works just fine as I have just recently used it.
> So what is going on here? This error is not on the microsoft website
> anywhere that concerns installation of the program.
February 16, 2009 11:59:45 PM

348486,2,232999 said:

Anonymous,

"Maurice N" is right about first physical device but since you have a crashed HDD as you told earlier then you might have a problem on HDD.

Do you know what MBR means??? [Master Boot Record]
make sure your hard drive has one, and not a broken MBR as well as BOOT SECTOR.

I think you have a Harddrive problem, try replacing it as a test then well see what happens next.

Cyberwolf PH
!