OFFICE SOURCE ENGINE

I have XP (SP2) home.....in about the last four days when I turn on the
computer I get the following.............
"Welcome to the found new hardware wizard.
If you hardware came with an installation cd or floppy disk insert it now."

Now I don't have a any notion what this is all about....I cancel it, but
everytime I switch on the computer it comes back.
(a) what is it....should I have it ...or do I need it??
(b) how do I get rid of this message permanently??
Thanks
--
Freddo

a) Did anyone add any sort of hardware to this computer?

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

Freddo wrote:
> I have XP (SP2) home.....in about the last four days when I turn on
> the computer I get the following.............
> "Welcome to the found new hardware wizard.
> If you hardware came with an installation cd or floppy disk insert it
> now."
>
> Now I don't have a any notion what this is all about....I cancel it,
> but everytime I switch on the computer it comes back.
> (a) what is it....should I have it ...or do I need it??
> (b) how do I get rid of this message permanently??
> Thanks

Have you changed or added printers, or updated a printer driver?

Take a look (via this short link) to an old archive of our Ms Kelly's advice.
http://tinyurl.com/7nfps
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

Freddo wrote:
> I have XP (SP2) home.....in about the last four days when I turn on
> the computer I get the following.............
> "Welcome to the found new hardware wizard.
> If you hardware came with an installation cd or floppy disk insert it
> now."
>
> Now I don't have a any notion what this is all about....I cancel it,
> but everytime I switch on the computer it comes back.
> (a) what is it....should I have it ...or do I need it??
> (b) how do I get rid of this message permanently??
> Thanks

No, we had some work done on the computer a couple of months ago but
nothing since then has happened.
--
Freddo

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> a) Did anyone add any sort of hardware to this computer?
>
> --
> Maurice N
> MVP Windows - Shell / User
> -----
>

> Freddo wrote:
> > I have XP (SP2) home.....in about the last four days when I turn on
> > the computer I get the following.............
> > "Welcome to the found new hardware wizard.
> > If you hardware came with an installation cd or floppy disk insert it
> > now."
> >
> > Now I don't have a any notion what this is all about....I cancel it,
> > but everytime I switch on the computer it comes back.
> > (a) what is it....should I have it ...or do I need it??
> > (b) how do I get rid of this message permanently??
> > Thanks

Hello Freddo,
Have you changed or added printers, or updated a printer driver? Or perhaps used System Restore to restore to an older point.

Take a look (via this short link) to an old archive of our Ms Kelly's advice.
http://tinyurl.com/7nfps

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User