50 inch game has monitor burn how do you fix it?

Last response: in Deals
a b C Monitor
August 4, 2005 1:54:17 PM

I have a 50 inch projection game and there is quite a bit of monitor
burn on it. Does anyone know how to fix this or what parts I need to
replace.

Thanks,
Paul
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 4, 2005 2:06:37 PM

Uhhhh u can't fix it... I never knew of a repair for monitor burn other
than buying a new monitor.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 4, 2005 2:23:41 PM

Paul,
Depending on the model, I think you can replace the Plastic film on the
inside of the screen. My brother-in-law has a Pioneer projection
television that his kids cracked the screen real bad and he was about
to get the film that goes on the inside that actually focuses the beams
into little tiny squares that make up your picture...

Don
NJ
a b C Monitor
August 4, 2005 2:42:43 PM

Will a Monitor from a 50 inch tv i buy on ebay work? or are they
differnt. I Know how to fix 19 inch ones but i have never tried to fix
a projection one.

~Paul
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 4, 2005 3:01:27 PM

>I have a 50 inch projection game and there is quite a
>bit of monitor burn on it

You are SOL as far as the burn goes. My guess is the burn is in the
phospors of the guns and not the projection screen? Cheaper to buy a
new monitor, no?

Kirb
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 4, 2005 6:26:49 PM

WITH the power OFF, take a look at the 3 crts inside it. replace the CRTs
that are burnt then it will be fine..

--
AF

"The Duke" <Pknific@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Will a Monitor from a 50 inch tv i buy on ebay work? or are they
> differnt. I Know how to fix 19 inch ones but i have never tried to fix
> a projection one.
>
> ~Paul

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 4, 2005 9:32:59 PM

easy fix... you just put in a whole new monitor...

unfortunatly you're pretty much screwed... the burn in is just that... the
phosphors have been destroyed and there is no hope of fixing them.

burn-in is made even worse on projection TV's as they have to output much
more light then a normal direct view crt would.

>I have a 50 inch projection game and there is quite a bit of monitor
> burn on it. Does anyone know how to fix this or what parts I need to
> replace.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 4, 2005 10:38:33 PM

It depends on the game and how it's connected... is it going to the tv as a
standard TV? something higher resolution?

you'd have to give us a lot more information...

!