Closed

50 inch game has monitor burn how do you fix it?

I have a 50 inch projection game and there is quite a bit of monitor
burn on it. Does anyone know how to fix this or what parts I need to
replace.

Thanks,
Paul
7 answers Last reply
More about inch game monitor burn

    Uhhhh u can't fix it... I never knew of a repair for monitor burn other
    than buying a new monitor.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Paul,
    Depending on the model, I think you can replace the Plastic film on the
    inside of the screen. My brother-in-law has a Pioneer projection
    television that his kids cracked the screen real bad and he was about
    to get the film that goes on the inside that actually focuses the beams
    into little tiny squares that make up your picture...

    Don
    NJ
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Will a Monitor from a 50 inch tv i buy on ebay work? or are they
    differnt. I Know how to fix 19 inch ones but i have never tried to fix
    a projection one.

    ~Paul
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    >I have a 50 inch projection game and there is quite a
    >bit of monitor burn on it

    You are SOL as far as the burn goes. My guess is the burn is in the
    phospors of the guns and not the projection screen? Cheaper to buy a
    new monitor, no?

    Kirb
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    WITH the power OFF, take a look at the 3 crts inside it. replace the CRTs
    that are burnt then it will be fine..

    --
    AF

    "The Duke" <Pknific@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Will a Monitor from a 50 inch tv i buy on ebay work? or are they
    > differnt. I Know how to fix 19 inch ones but i have never tried to fix
    > a projection one.
    >
    > ~Paul

  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    easy fix... you just put in a whole new monitor...

    unfortunatly you're pretty much screwed... the burn in is just that... the
    phosphors have been destroyed and there is no hope of fixing them.

    burn-in is made even worse on projection TV's as they have to output much
    more light then a normal direct view crt would.

    >I have a 50 inch projection game and there is quite a bit of monitor
    > burn on it. Does anyone know how to fix this or what parts I need to
    > replace.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Paul

  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    It depends on the game and how it's connected... is it going to the tv as a
    standard TV? something higher resolution?

    you'd have to give us a lot more information...

    "The Duke" <Pknific@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Will a Monitor from a 50 inch tv i buy on ebay work? or are they
    > differnt. I Know how to fix 19 inch ones but i have never tried to fix
    > a projection one.
    >
    > ~Paul

Classifieds Games Burner Monitors Hot Deals