Icons disapeared off desktop

August 3, 2005 8:58:02 PM

Can someone please help me?? My son was playing on my computer and now all my
icons are missing from my desktop and I can't get them back.... What do I
do???
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 9:59:58 PM

line 72

"Enable/Disable Desktop Icons"

"ComputerHopeLess" <ComputerHopeLess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:83ED1E0F-E295-473B-86F2-A851D2422F73@microsoft.com...
> Can someone please help me?? My son was playing on my computer and now all
> my
> icons are missing from my desktop and I can't get them back.... What do I
> do???
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 11:28:38 PM

Without knowing what, exactly, your son did, I would first try performing a
system restore.
Then, I would not let your son use your account. You could either set him
up with a limited account, or enable the guest account and let him use that.
By him using your account that has admin rights, he is able to do all kinds
of damage, but the other 2 account types are somewhat limited in the things
he can do.

"ComputerHopeLess" <ComputerHopeLess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:83ED1E0F-E295-473B-86F2-A851D2422F73@microsoft.com...
> Can someone please help me?? My son was playing on my computer and now all
> my
> icons are missing from my desktop and I can't get them back.... What do I
> do???
August 3, 2005 11:28:39 PM

Well my son is 2 and when I wasn't looking he got on the computer and was
messing with the mouse and keyboard.

"lvee" wrote:

> Without knowing what, exactly, your son did, I would first try performing a
> system restore.
> Then, I would not let your son use your account. You could either set him
> up with a limited account, or enable the guest account and let him use that.
> By him using your account that has admin rights, he is able to do all kinds
> of damage, but the other 2 account types are somewhat limited in the things
> he can do.
>
> "ComputerHopeLess" <ComputerHopeLess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:83ED1E0F-E295-473B-86F2-A851D2422F73@microsoft.com...
> > Can someone please help me?? My son was playing on my computer and now all
> > my
> > icons are missing from my desktop and I can't get them back.... What do I
> > do???

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 3:36:09 AM

"ComputerHopeLess" <ComputerHopeLess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:83ED1E0F-E295-473B-86F2-A851D2422F73@microsoft.com...
> Can someone please help me?? My son was playing on my computer and now all
> my
> icons are missing from my desktop and I can't get them back.... What do I
> do???

Your son could have somehow unchecked "Show Desktop Icons". Simply
right-click on the desktop then choose "Arrange Icons By" > "Show Desktop
Icons".

Good Luck

--
William
Anonymous

did he throw the icons in the recycling bin? if not, try this.............

right click on your desktop... select PROPERTIES... click the DESKTOP tab...
click the CUSTOMIZE DESKTOP button... on the top there should be a box where
you can click to display My Documents, My Computer, Internet Explorer, and
My Network Places... click the ones you want to display...

"ComputerHopeLess" <...
> Can someone please help me?? My son was playing on my computer and now all
> my
> icons are missing from my desktop and I can't get them back.... What do I
> do???
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 5:48:45 AM

when i was 2 i smeared Velveeta cheese all over my dad's Beatle's album...
now they are wiping out desktop icons... ahh... times have changed!

"ComputerHopeLess" <..
> Well my son is 2 and when I wasn't looking he got on the computer and was
> messing with the mouse and keyboard.
>
> "lvee" wrote:
>
>> Without knowing what, exactly, your son did, I would first try performing
>> system restore.
>> Then, I would not let your son use your account. You could either set
>> him
>> up with a limited account, or enable the guest account and let him use
>> that.
>> By him using your account that has admin rights, he is able to do all
>> kinds
>> of damage, but the other 2 account types are somewhat limited in the
>> things
>> he can do.
>>
>> "ComputerHopeLess" <...
>> > Can someone please help me?? My son was playing on my computer and now
>> > all
>> > my
>> > icons are missing from my desktop and I can't get them back.... What do
>> > do???

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 11:45:18 AM

Gotcha! Kids, I tell ya. Anyway, My oldest son was about 2 when all the
tomatoes went missing from my two plants, but they showed up a few days
later. He had stuffed them all down the seat holes of his Hot Wheels. I
found them when I turned it over to empty the rain water. Not a lot of
water came out, but the tomatoes went rolling down the driveway.
Anyway, try the suggestions, and if they don't work, post back. If you get
them back, post the solution so if anyone else has a 2 year old that loses
your icons, they can get theirs back too! ;)

"ComputerHopeLess" <ComputerHopeLess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:166B0FFB-6755-45C5-B8D4-9059D3F4B9E5@microsoft.com...

!