Security Accounts Manager initialization failed

The power went out in my home. When I tried to reboot my machine I received
a message saying that Security Accounts Manager initialization failed. The
reason given was The handle is invalid.

I tried rebooting in safe mode but no go. I tried rebooting in command
mode. Looked like FDISK ran and gave a good report card but no go; I get the
same error. Any hints on how to recover would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Mike
1 answer Last reply
More about security accounts manager initialization failed

    Have a look at:-
    "Security Accounts Manager Initialization Failed" Error Message When
    You Start Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316751

    You may need to use the NTFS Reader for DOS available from
    http://www.ntfs.com/products.htm
    to enable you to restore the SAM file.

Security Windows XP