Windows Network Problem

How do I correct the following System Error that continously appears in
the Event View Log:

"The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer
DG35J351 (thats the Dell 4600 also connected to the Linksys) that
believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport
Net BT_Tcpip_ {8FB4-4F3B-. The master browser is stopping or an election
is being forced."

I cannot setup the home networking because the Dell 4600 will not allow
me to install the home networking file I create on the XPS. I believe
the above problem is also causing a reboot time of 8+ minutes.

My Computer:
Mfr: Dell
Model: Dimension XPS Gen2
Type: Desktop
CPU: Pentium 4 3.0GHZ
Installed RAM: 1.0 GB
OS: XP
Disk Drives: 2 - 80 GB ea
Optional Info: Linksys WRT54G Broadband router
DSL
Dell 4600 on home net _ XP

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Ping the XPS from the 4600 with the -t switch. If you have any dropped
packets, high latency, or timeouts you have a connectivity problem. Check
your NIC, drivers, TCP/IP stack, cabling, and/or router.

If not then check the registry on the 4600 at
Hkey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Browser\Parameters and
make sure the value "IsDomainMaster" is set to FALSE.

Run a virus/spyware scan and get all your Windows updates for both machines.

Brian P.
A+, Network+, MCP