No video for automated S3 standby resume.

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I have my computer (Win XP Pro AMD Athlon 2800+) setup to go into standby
mode after a few minutes. I can restore the computer fine by using the power
button, keyboard or remote. When the computer resumes on its own though (for
scheduled task, network status check, ect) no video is displayed. I am using
a Radeon 9250 AGP vid card. This problem affects both the tv-out and the
standard vga out. I have the latest drivers installed. The problem is similar
to KB 815304, but it isn't quite the same and the fix costs money so i can't
just up an try the fix. I am out of ideas, and any help would be
appreciated. Thanks.