CD audio okay but no mic - help

August 5, 2005 12:13:43 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi,

I have XP Pro. The audio is fine from the CD and I can play wav files
okay but can't get anything from the microphone. The mic does work as it
works on another machine.

What can I do to check into it.

Thanks

John

More about : audio mic

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 12:13:44 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Double click the "Volume Icon" in the Notification Area and Uncheck
"Mute" on Microphone.

Rock wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have XP Pro. The audio is fine from the CD and I can play wav files
> okay but can't get anything from the microphone. The mic does work as it
> works on another machine.
>
> What can I do to check into it.
>
> Thanks
>
> John
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 8:03:21 AM

Rock <1940@pobox.com> wrote in news:#nKgC5NmFHA.3256@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

> Hi,
>
> I have XP Pro. The audio is fine from the CD and I can play wav files
> okay but can't get anything from the microphone. The mic does work as it
> works on another machine.
>
> What can I do to check into it.
>
> Thanks
>
> John

In the volume control, turn on mic boost in the advanced button under the
microphone playback volume control. Do the same thing in the recoding
controls as well.
!