Megaporn desktop hijacking

I think that a friend of mine had his desktop hijacked by a porn site.
The normal wallpaper is gone and now in its place is an active desktop
wallpaper with a spyware ad that cannot be changed via "Display
Properties". Most of his desktop icons are gone, which only a couple
"Megaporn" ones remaining, which when clicked go to a porn web site.
Right-clicking is disabled as well. How can this be fixed? Please
help!

--
jegaldun
2 answers Last reply

    Kill Spyware! Visit:
    http://www.broomeman.com/spyware/

    "jegaldun" <jegaldun.1t8mdn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > I think that a friend of mine had his desktop hijacked by a porn site.
    > The normal wallpaper is gone and now in its place is an active desktop
    > wallpaper with a spyware ad that cannot be changed via "Display
    > Properties". Most of his desktop icons are gone, which only a couple
    > "Megaporn" ones remaining, which when clicked go to a porn web site.
    > Right-clicking is disabled as well. How can this be fixed? Please
    > help!
    >

    > --
    > jegaldun

    Download, install, update and run all of the following.

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

    Spybot search and destroy
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

    Ewido Security Suite Trial version

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

    a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group so that I
    can analyze it.

    HijackThis

    "jegaldun" <jegaldun.1t8mdn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > I think that a friend of mine had his desktop hijacked by a porn site.
    > The normal wallpaper is gone and now in its place is an active desktop
    > wallpaper with a spyware ad that cannot be changed via "Display
    > Properties". Most of his desktop icons are gone, which only a couple
    > "Megaporn" ones remaining, which when clicked go to a porn web site.
    > Right-clicking is disabled as well. How can this be fixed? Please
    > help!
    >

    > --
    > jegaldun

Desktops Wallpaper Windows XP