windows xp language problems

Hello,
I recently purchased a new laptop, but as I am living in Spain, the version
of windows XP that came installed on the laptop is in spanish. I speak some
(but not enough) spanish, and want to change the windows interface into
english. Searching the microsoft website I have come across many different
language interface packs to change this, but they all change FROM english to
another language.
Can anyone give me some directions or advice for how to find an ENGLISH
language interface pack for windows XP?
If possible it would be much better to email me any advice rather than
replying here as I have sporadic internet service at the moment and can check
my email much more easily than this website.
Email is: hedonaut@gmail.com
Thanks very much for any help ya'll can give
:)

Windows XP is written in specific language versions, therefore one
cannot change it from one language version to another. You'll need
to purchase a "Full Version" of Windows XP in the language version
you desire, reformat your drive and install it "clean".

Or if you have an available empty drive or partition, you can install
another "Full Version" of Windows XP in a different language version
and create a dual-boot configuration.

Cannot Upgrade or Install a Different Language Version of Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;2820­89

Welcome to WorldLanguage.com!
http://www.worldlanguage.com/

A good third-party partitioning program is Partition Magic 8.
http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/

Clean Install Windows XP

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

"hedonaut" wrote:

| Hello,
| I recently purchased a new laptop, but as I am living in Spain, the version
| of windows XP that came installed on the laptop is in spanish. I speak some
| (but not enough) spanish, and want to change the windows interface into
| english. Searching the microsoft website I have come across many different
| language interface packs to change this, but they all change FROM english to
| another language.
| Can anyone give me some directions or advice for how to find an ENGLISH
| language interface pack for windows XP?
| If possible it would be much better to email me any advice rather than
| replying here as I have sporadic internet service at the moment and can check
| my email much more easily than this website.
| Email is: hedonaut@gmail.com
| Thanks very much for any help ya'll can give
| :)

TRENDING THREADS