ERNIE

after my PC is turned on for about 5min. the taskbar gos dead. It is not
possible to click programs back on the screen, the clock stops display the
rigth time, the startbutton wont work anymore. Ans so on.

A computer that works for a while and then stalls or works intermittently is
symptomatic of a damaged processor. This can be caused by a failed or
failing processor fan which allows the processor to overheat and cook.

To check this (and only if you feel confident enough), remove the power
cable, take the cover off, reconnect the power cable, turn on the computer,
check to see if the processor fan is turning, **carefully** stop the
processor fan and check if it restarts.

If the fan isn't turning, restarts reluctantly or is making a nasty noise
the fan and, possibly, the processor may need to be changed.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions