Julie

if i go to start and shutdown my computer comes on by itself but if i chose
to put computer off at the tower it doesnt?? could u please help me incase
its bios settings.If its not either way could u please help me stopping if
from switching itself on through the night.i never had this problem with my
old computer and its on the same wall plug as the old one,please help me

"Julie" <Julie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>if i go to start and shutdown my computer comes on by itself but if i chose
>to put computer off at the tower it doesnt?? could u please help me incase
>its bios settings.If its not either way could u please help me stopping if
>from switching itself on through the night.i never had this problem with my
>old computer and its on the same wall plug as the old one,please help me

Go into the BIOS setup for your computer and browse through the
various option screens looking for settings that relate to "wake
on...." and set these to Off or Disabled.

Your computer probably has a "Wake on LAN" or similar setting active
and it is responding to some activity on the monitored item.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Julie

which f key takes u to the bios settingsi thought it was f8 but its not

"Ron Martell" wrote:

> "Julie" <Julie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >if i go to start and shutdown my computer comes on by itself but if i chose
> >to put computer off at the tower it doesnt?? could u please help me incase
> >its bios settings.If its not either way could u please help me stopping if
> >from switching itself on through the night.i never had this problem with my
> >old computer and its on the same wall plug as the old one,please help me
>
> Go into the BIOS setup for your computer and browse through the
> various option screens looking for settings that relate to "wake
> on...." and set these to Off or Disabled.
>
> Your computer probably has a "Wake on LAN" or similar setting active
> and it is responding to some activity on the monitored item.
>
> Good luck
>
> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> --
> Microsoft MVP
> On-Line Help Computer Service
> http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

> http://aumha.org/alex.htm

"Julie" <Julie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>here goes ron
>i went into the power management set up:
>sleep state (s1/pos) {.} which means this one marked
> (s3/str { ) not marked
>
>wake up on PME (enabled) must i disable it and what is PME thats all i could
>see in all the settings relating to sleep,hope this helps u

It should be set to disabled if you do not want your computer to start
up automatically based on remote signals.

According to http://support.intel.com/support/network/sb/cs-008459.htm
Wake on PME refers to wake up events received through the PCI bus.