Pictures on Internet appear Mosaic

I have a new e-machine with XP Media Center. Bought primarily to burn photos
from digital camera to cd and create videos, scrapbook pages, etc.

The pictures I load from cd or the camera appear fine. However, pictures on
web pages are distorted and I have a few pictures I saved from e-mails or
scanned in that are extremely distorted. They appear Mosaic. Squares as on
graph paper that have color.

I have contacted e-machines support and even had them remote in to see what
I was talking about. Three different people told me to reinstall the video
driver (3 different ways). Obviously that's not the problem. Since it's a
new computer I ran the system recovery. My pictures are still distorted, but
not as bad.

Any suggestion would be much appreciated. I want to play on my new computer
not try to figure out how to fix it. glw

E-Machines typically have very low resolution. Your camera might be creating very high rez photos. Open a photo in your graphics app
to see the properties, and size of a photo. Rightclick the desktop, and Properties, Settings tab, to see the color level, and
resolution possible on the drop box and slider there. You might be able to enhance the rez/ num of colors of the machine, or reduce
the photo size in the camera.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"GLW" <GLW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EA6A0A8-A0CA-4AED-8EB2-580B97D56674@microsoft.com...
>I have a new e-machine with XP Media Center. Bought primarily to burn photos
> from digital camera to cd and create videos, scrapbook pages, etc.
>
> The pictures I load from cd or the camera appear fine. However, pictures on
> web pages are distorted and I have a few pictures I saved from e-mails or
> scanned in that are extremely distorted. They appear Mosaic. Squares as on
> graph paper that have color.
>
> I have contacted e-machines support and even had them remote in to see what
> I was talking about. Three different people told me to reinstall the video
> driver (3 different ways). Obviously that's not the problem. Since it's a
> new computer I ran the system recovery. My pictures are still distorted, but
> not as bad.
>
> Any suggestion would be much appreciated. I want to play on my new computer
> not try to figure out how to fix it. glw

Thanks Mark...I know what the problem is...Any "High Speed" or "Accelerated"
dial up service compresses text and graphics so that surfing is faster. You
can change these settings to permanently show graphics in full quality but
your surf is extreeeemelyyy slowwwww.

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> E-Machines typically have very low resolution. Your camera might be creating very high rez photos. Open a photo in your graphics app
> to see the properties, and size of a photo. Rightclick the desktop, and Properties, Settings tab, to see the color level, and
> resolution possible on the drop box and slider there. You might be able to enhance the rez/ num of colors of the machine, or reduce
> the photo size in the camera.
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "GLW" <GLW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EA6A0A8-A0CA-4AED-8EB2-580B97D56674@microsoft.com...
> >I have a new e-machine with XP Media Center. Bought primarily to burn photos
> > from digital camera to cd and create videos, scrapbook pages, etc.
> >
> > The pictures I load from cd or the camera appear fine. However, pictures on
> > web pages are distorted and I have a few pictures I saved from e-mails or
> > scanned in that are extremely distorted. They appear Mosaic. Squares as on
> > graph paper that have color.
> >
> > I have contacted e-machines support and even had them remote in to see what
> > I was talking about. Three different people told me to reinstall the video
> > driver (3 different ways). Obviously that's not the problem. Since it's a
> > new computer I ran the system recovery. My pictures are still distorted, but
> > not as bad.
> >
> > Any suggestion would be much appreciated. I want to play on my new computer
> > not try to figure out how to fix it. glw

TRENDING THREADS