not sure if i'm in the right place....but hopefully someone out there might
be able to help me.

i have a computer that we upgraded to XP from Windows 2000. We are having
application compatibility problems and need to bring it back to Windows 2000.
all the support documentation i can find states: "If you upgraded from
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Windows 2000, or Windows NT 4.0, you
cannot remove Windows XP." can anyone tell me how we would go about
reverting to 2000 if this is the case?

You'll have to reformat your drive and perform a
"clean install" of Windows 2000.

Clean Install

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

bostonallie wrote:
> not sure if i'm in the right place....but hopefully someone out there might
> be able to help me.
>
> i have a computer that we upgraded to XP from Windows 2000. We are having
> application compatibility problems and need to bring it back to Windows 2000.
> all the support documentation i can find states: "If you upgraded from
> Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Windows 2000, or Windows NT 4.0, you
> cannot remove Windows XP." can anyone tell me how we would go about
> reverting to 2000 if this is the case?

The normal way to "uninstall" any operating system is to format
the hard drive and install a new OS of your choice.

Only if you performed an upgrade from Win98/Me, elected to backup
the old system files, and didn't convert the partition to NTFS, can
you then boot into Safe Mode and click Start > Control Panel
> Add/Remove Programs. All of these conditions must be met for the
uninstall option to be available.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: