New XP SP2 won't boot: C0000269

Fresh formatted HD & new install of XP SP2 on a Dell PIII w/256mb. Got it to
the customer site and auto updates started installing themselves. Machine
then rebooted repeatedly and now cannot boot into Safe Mode, Dos, or regular
windows. Get Blue Screen of Death message:
STOP:c0000269 {illegal system dll relocation}

The system dll user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not
rune properly.
The relocation occured because the DLL C:\windows\system32\ntdll.dll
occupied an address range reserved for windows system dlls. The vendor
supplying the DLL should %s %s
Search of KB on "C0000269" Yields no results; there's a few responses on
Google, but no solutions. I *assume* Microsoft is the vendor for ntdll.dll?
;-)

Anybody have any ideas?
--
Thanks in Advance!
Ben

jaime

Have you done a virus scan? Sounds like Blaster/Sasser.

"Ben (TX)" wrote:

> Fresh formatted HD & new install of XP SP2 on a Dell PIII w/256mb. Got it to
> the customer site and auto updates started installing themselves. Machine
> then rebooted repeatedly and now cannot boot into Safe Mode, Dos, or regular
> windows. Get Blue Screen of Death message:
> STOP:c0000269 {illegal system dll relocation}
>
> The system dll user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not
> rune properly.
> The relocation occured because the DLL C:\windows\system32\ntdll.dll
> occupied an address range reserved for windows system dlls. The vendor
> supplying the DLL should %s %s
> Search of KB on "C0000269" Yields no results; there's a few responses on
> Google, but no solutions. I *assume* Microsoft is the vendor for ntdll.dll?
> ;-)
>
> Anybody have any ideas?
> --
> Thanks in Advance!
> Ben

Did DELL recommend using that particular model # with XP before you installed
XP SP2?
Did you run a compatibility check for hardware & software first?
XP was designed for the next generation of P3's ie...P4.

j:-|