Password Protects Folders&Files

August 4, 2005 1:01:14 PM

I want to share my folders and files through my office network and I want
those folders are password protected so only certain friends have access to
the files.
How can I do that? Please help. Thank you. I have WinXP-HE SP2.
/parlins
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 3:13:53 PM

One cannot password-protect a folder in Windows XP.
For a more secure method, see the following:

HOW TO: Set the My Documents Folder as "Private" in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298399

You Cannot Select the "Make This Folder Private" Option
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307286

How to set, view, change, or remove special permissions for files
and folders in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308419

--
Carey Frisch