Password Protects Folders&Files

I want to share my folders and files through my office network and I want
those folders are password protected so only certain friends have access to
the files.
How can I do that? Please help. Thank you. I have WinXP-HE SP2.
/parlins
1 answer Last reply
More about password protects folders files

    One cannot password-protect a folder in Windows XP.
    For a more secure method, see the following:

    HOW TO: Set the My Documents Folder as "Private" in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298399

    You Cannot Select the "Make This Folder Private" Option
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307286

    How to set, view, change, or remove special permissions for files
    and folders in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308419

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "parlins" wrote:

    | I want to share my folders and files through my office network and I want
    | those folders are password protected so only certain friends have access to
    | the files.
    | How can I do that? Please help. Thank you. I have WinXP-HE SP2.
    | /parlins

Support Microsoft Office Windows XP